Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher

Post by PlanetHauth »

After reading the free excerpt, I don't think I'll be reading this book in its entirety. The writing style is plain and boring. If I were to read pieces of isolated dialogue, I wouldn't be able to tell you which character said it. It's absolutely lifeless and lacks personality. However, I can appreciate Vince's discomfort with his age and what he feels is old age. I'm no where near 70, but I struggle with my birthday every year, feeling like I have no time left, silly as it may be.
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

Haven't read it yet ,generally from the review sounds like an interesting read .
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

I really don't like guns. I think it is just a natural feeling since I have never touched a gun before. What I like about this book is the watch created to monitor your health and knowing when exactly you might die. I don't encourage using guns or keeping one.

I would have more preferred to watch the movie for this book because it will be much more enjoyable when acted out. Anyway, the book is on my reading list and I will get to it once I finish the one I am currently reading.
Spac3fr56a
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spac3fr56a.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Spac3fr56a »

My overall opinion of the book "Final Notice" I liked it for the most part. If I had limited time on this earth, I would get my affairs in order, make sure family was taken care of and spend time with them. I enjoyed the technology aspects of the book. That would be an amazing watch / health monitor. The gun control aspects of the book was fine. I think that current laws should be upheld and revisited often. I didn't enjoy the political aspects of the book, but I understood what the author was writing. There is to much corruption and stereotyping in this world.

I would recommend this book to friends that I think would enjoy it. It is worth reading at least once.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I think this is an interesting novel to read, as it provides an insight into the mindset of the pro-gun individual, as I believe that it is most important to understand all perspectives before coming up with an opinion.
Annette Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Annette Smith »

I love an action thriller. What's happening - who knows?! thats the joy of the twists and turns of this type of writing. I'd recommend this as a binge book, good in one sitting if you can !
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

I am almost finishing to read this book. I have spend hours reading it because the suspense is too much and I keep wanting to know more. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars because despite having many characters, the information given is not overwhelming. I didn't expect to like a book like this one because I have never had interest in politics or in topics like murder. I still don't like them but I enjoyed this book. Sometimes I got lost in the book because of the descriptions given that made me feel I was part of the story.
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Erick Bixen
Currently Reading: It's Time to Align
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-bixen.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Erick Bixen »

I have come to learn that the book is about guns. Guns make me grow sick and so I think this book is not all that good for me.
Ana_Saints
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-saints.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Ana_Saints »

This novel is deep when you really dig deeper into the story. It's more than just guns and actions. This book even though has a sci-fi feeling it still depicts reality. Such a good book though there are minor grammar errors.
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Alex Hughes »

The idea of the Final Notice is really frightening. It will make some people go into deep thinking, thereby causing depression if some device is to tell them they have only a short time left, when that might not be true. No body could beleive anything could actually accurately predict how much time you had to live. Well Neverthless the book is interesting would rate it 3.1 out of 4 stars. Would recommend it to the curious and over inquisitive young ones.
Xancode
Richard Whitehead
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Richard Whitehead »

Erick Bixen wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 09:33 I have come to learn that the book is about guns. Guns make me grow sick and so I think this book is not all that good for me.
Me I do like books about guns.
Richard Whitehead
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Richard Whitehead »

Erick Bixen wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 09:33 I have come to learn that the book is about guns. Guns make me grow sick and so I think this book is not all that good for me.
Not bad
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

In respect to the sample I read, Final notice is a unique action thriller. What surprised me the most is the author bringing a question I have never thought about at hand, "What would you do when you realised you only have a week for living?"
Gosh, that caught me off-guard, I think I'll go eat the biggest meal ever. Lol. Glutton here. Lol. Just joking.
The group of doctors that could identify any illness in your body and even predict how long you'll live, I think I might just dodge them for life. Lol.
You getting to know me better.
It fun though. I liked the sample and I might as well, one of this days, buy it for myself.
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

In respect to the sample I read, Final notice is a unique action thriller. What surprised me the most is the author bringing a question I have never thought about at hand, "What would you do when you realised you only have a week for living?"
Gosh, that caught me off-guard, I think I'll go eat the biggest meal ever. Lol. Glutton here. Lol. Just joking.
The group of doctors that could identify any illness in your body and even predict how long you'll live, I think I might just dodge them for life. Lol.
You getting to know me better.
It fun though. I liked the sample and I might as well, one of this days, buy it for myself.
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

lori_parker2003 wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 09:26 Had trouble getting through the few pages they give to check out the book. Found it slow and I am a pro-gun person so this biased my view I think. Probably will not buy the book to read in full.
I was wondering how often pro-gun people would stop reading due to the aspects of the book that were from the more liberal point of view. It made me think about various aspects of persuasion. The book put forward a lot of interesting ideas to consider.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”