Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Franc8674a
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Franc8674a »

Broken heart causes a lot of havoc to people but when they learn from it, they gained good experience.
Ademart15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ademart15 »

The story of the night Lord:sunset by garon whited is a very thrilling and mystic one, full of suspense, dramatic, magical and above all heroic
..the heroic deeds of Eric was :D
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I am not a fan of fantasy or vampire books, so I will pass on this. Thanks for the great review!
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Good review. I'm not a big fan of fantasy novels, but the reviews I've seen may change my mind. Good job, Baron.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
deui

Post by deui »

Many stars
I'm Eric. My life and my beliefs have disappeared the moment I met you, Sasha.
If it were a word that carries this book, it would be: very.
Why? Simple:
1) He is very captivated - the author does not waste his time with some of the introduction, puts you right in the middle of the action
2) It is very complex. You have everything: love, adventure, inner problems, real or unreal life, dreams, fulfillments and disappointments. A little magic does not hurt anyone
3) It is very long. For some. You read and read when you say you still have to take a break, you realize you read 700 pages on the Kindle
4) It's very boring. Sometimes. But in a way, the author has managed to convince you to read with joy the boring passages
5) It's very detailed. You need to be careful from the details described. It's not that hard, because you almost ”see” them!
And I could continue "very," but it's normal to give up , to see you the world of vampire whit Eric minds and Sasha's words.
Debrah_Bestbrain

Post by Debrah_Bestbrain »

What great and intriguing review, bluemel4! I've actually read this, and unfortunately it wasn't for me. The journal entries were an intriguing aspect of the book, but I found some scenes confusing and my interest dwindled. It's great that you feel that there was a balance between fantasy and reality. I'm not sure how I felt about the balance of magic, vampires, science, and religion, but I'm glad that you found this one enjoyable! Thank you for sharing!
bookaholic1
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by bookaholic1 »

I started a ouple pages of the book, but its not my type of book. Too supernatural
Floflomid
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Floflomid »

I'm waiting to read on how Eric finds who he really is, as I read of now he's still confused finding himself during his transition, I just love Sasha as well, just going to find out what she knows about Eric
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I LOVED this book and I'm not a crazy vampire fan either. Whited is easily one of the best new fantasy authors I've discovered. The take on vampires is familiar yet very fresh and detailed, the world is interesting but not so out there you can't connect. I finished this last night and downloaded the next three in the series :)
Omoye+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omoye.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Omoye+ »

From your review, Eric's character caught my attention. I like his personality already. I had like to learn or have more interesting ideas on science thus I may probably read this book. Nice work!
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I just finished reading the other 3 books in the series. Excellent all the way through!
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Sounds like an interesting take on vampires. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the excellent review
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

Wonderful review of an epic adventure and fantasy novel. Eric the main protagonist gets into alcoholism after he was heartbroken. Without knowing how one day he wakes up a vampire. But unlike other vampires shown in movies and other books Eric is not obsessed with negative vices such as sex. I like how the characters were developed, its flow is amazing too.
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

I love the review of blueme14. You make it more interesting to read the book. This is an excellent start to an epic story. There's balance between action, intrigue and world building. All the characters have their times to shine. I am going to start reading the book now.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Eric is a vampire, but he isn't possessed by a demon, at night he dies and becomes a vampire, and during the day Eric is alive. The story seems to be fantastic and thanks for an excellent review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”