What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
shraddharm
Favorite Book: Beyond embarrasment
Currently Reading: The Disembodied
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddharm.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by shraddharm »

The last movie I saw was "The Greatest Showman" and I loved it. The story was simple and the characters were unique (literally) which was unusually good.
-R
ivanasajic28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by ivanasajic28 »

Uhh hard to say what is the very last movie I was watched- but I will choose "The Mummy 2017" with Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe! I can say it was hell of a movie so scary and tough to watch 😣 ! So svary movie!!!
readerjpol2
Currently Reading: The Library at Night
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by readerjpol2 »

I loved Eat, Pray, Love! The male actor is divinely sexy and Julia is Julia. The movie is well worth watching!
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

The last movie I saw was
Den of Thieves
starring Gerard Butler and 50cents. I actually gave the movie a 4.7. It was good and exciting to watch. I may purchase the DVD.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I saw Black Panther with my brother. It was fantastic and the costumes were well done. Definitely 10/10 for me.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
PinkDisney94

Post by PinkDisney94 »

A Quiet Place was the last one I saw, just earlier tonight! It was such an intense, fast paced, and amazing movie for being based on silence and subtitles. I enjoyed it a lot and really loved the characters. The acting was also great and there were some scenes that had me so nervous and scared. Not scared in a “horror” movie sense, but scared for what was going to happen to the characters, especially the mother. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I would give it a solid 9/10, just for the fact that there was a twist I wasn’t happy with and it left me so sad! Other than that, it gets a 10* for everything else; I would definitely recommend it and even watch it again. Loved it!
ivanasajic28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by ivanasajic28 »

Last movie I was watched is "Over the hills and far away" saga with beautiful Sean Bean in starring role! Love all his movies.
Meg_gachy

Post by Meg_gachy »

Last movie i watched is "Jumanji" it was a crazy funny movie,well featured and it was well on point,i would rate it 4.8
Auburnwriter
Currently Reading: Martin Luther
Bookshelf Size: 712
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-auburnwriter.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Auburnwriter »

I saw Isle of Dogs yesterday and it was so amazing!!! 10/10 would recommend to a friend! I'm going to go watch it again soon!!!!!
j-rojas2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by j-rojas2018 »

Today I watched "The Pianist" by Polanski.. Great movie. I enjoy everytime
Beth4895
Currently Reading: Escape the Coming Night
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth4895.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Beth4895 »

The last movie I watched was Black Panther. I have mixed emotions about the movie do to all the hidden symbols. Not a traditional superhero movie. Feel like there is a hidden message for an uprising. After watching the movie I looked at several reviews and most of what I saw was hate speech about how "whites" shouldn't watch it.

As far as the action and special effects, I felt they were pretty awesome. The character development was pretty well played out as well. The hero, the villain, the peace keeper, and the girl. Good representation of typical figures with a unique storyline. I give it 3 out of 5 stars due to overall plot.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

These few days I am hooked up with a movie called The Great Wall. It is a action pack light romance. Very nice, I recommend it for you guys to watch it! (Any lover for action films)
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Thebookstealer
Currently Reading: Fish Wielder
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Thebookstealer »

The Dark Tower (2017). I'd rate it 2.5 out of 4 because I felt it just wasn't captivating enough.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Last movie I saw was The Last Jedi. Personally I like the way they are introducing de gray side of the force. Is going to be interesting how the story will onfold from now on.
nkasie

Post by nkasie »

I just saw black panther and it was the bomb

Return to “Films and Books”