Review by onixpam -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by onixpam -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by onixpam »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart, written by Charlie Sheldon, is a Fiction Novel filled with mystery, adventure, and drama that will take you on a discovery quest. Charlie Sheldon shows a great passion for his characters, he has written a story beautifully mixed with history and legends. Two stories are built into one, the first one takes place in the current time, while the second story took place thousands of years ago.

Both stories occur mostly in the Olympic National Park, where forty years ago Tom buried his grandfather, Bob-bob; He maybe has lost Bob-bob but he has returned with an old ancient artifact, possibly a great human history legacy or simply an old family possession.

Tom wants to come back to the forest and return the artifact to his grandfather. He is accompanied by William, Myra and an unexpected visitor whom he never met before, Sarah, his granddaughter, a stubborn, problematic, defiant teenager that will change his life forever.

As they go into the forest, Tom is no longer be sure about who is leading whom, maybe Sarah is taking them to the unknown, a mystery that you will discover with them.

In the beginning, I could not totally understand how the chapters were divided because they do not really mark a change in the storyline, but while I was reading the book they gave me some rhythm and they did not bother me anymore.

This book is well written and Charlie Sheldon did a great job vividly describing the places, characters, and scenes, and he will make you feel like if you are in the middle of the story or better yet like if you are watching a movie. You will be immersed in a surrealistic ancient time where no one could know how the quest will end.

Particularly I was not able to put down the book, and I was all the time trying to imagine what would happen next. It is a little slow at some points, but I think that was necessary for increasing the expectation and make a great introduction to what would come next. The end is a little abrupt but leaves a lot to the imagination.

As I read Strong Heart I was able to get to know about the legends, animals, and way of life of the natives who lived more than 12,000 years ago. Readers will find interesting topics divided between myths and realities that we maybe can never refute or verify.

This book would be great for those who enjoy fiction, mystery, old native legends, and adventure. I rated this novel 4 out of 4 stars as I greatly enjoyed the journey, and I only found a few mistakes, mainly missing or misplaced punctuation marks and a couple of grammatical errors. It is an engaging reading and you will be involved in an ancient great adventure. I personally suggest this book to teenagers because it may take them on a path of personal growth.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like onixpam's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thank you for nice review on this book in which the author combines two stories, one of the present and other of thousand year ago into one. moreover nicely crafted characters gives more joy in reading
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

sanjus wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 11:20 Thank you for nice review on this book in which the author combines two stories, one of the present and other of thousand year ago into one. moreover nicely crafted characters gives more joy in reading
Thanks for your comment, If you read this book you will enjoy it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”