About BOTD Entries

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: About BOTD Entries

Post by mamalui »

My entries for yesterday just got disqualified too and two days prior my twitter entire was not seen. I thought I was the only one experiencing issues. It turns out that I'm not.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

Your reply summed up what I exactly feel about the disqualifications. I invested time in sharing/posting replies and to be disqualified and all your accumulated points gone just like that is very disheartening. I sure paled when I see that in my page.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

My entries have been disqualified because of Pinterest too, but my link works fine on other computers. Any suggestions?
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Misael wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 01:51 Your reply summed up what I exactly feel about the disqualifications. I invested time in sharing/posting replies and to be disqualified and all your accumulated points gone just like that is very disheartening. I sure paled when I see that in my page.
Double check the address on your social media accounts. Click on the address that's there to see what the person clicking on it from there sees.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

MsTri wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 11:44 Two things:

One, I think we should have some way of quickly addressing mistakes made insofar as our BotD entries. For instance, if we DID Tweet a BotD but get disqualified because the moderator couldn't find it, we should be able to upload a screenshot of the tweet or something, since moderators can and DO make errors.

Two - and this is the biggest thing - if we DO get disqualified, perhaps we shouldn't get reset all the way to "0". How about just losing either one entry (for the one that was disqualified) or, at worst, the whole days' worth of entries (which can be anywhere between 1 and 7)? It takes about a month to get 200 entries, so to lose them ALL seems pretty unfair, and makes it difficult to want to recommend the site to others. Also, if an entry is disqualified for the First Ten reviews, it doesn't reset to "0", it just removes that one entry; doing the same for BotD would not only be fair, but also add balance across the board for the many activities here.
5 months down the line same story, different cast. I haven't seen Scott or moderators addressed a change in this issue. They say make suggestions to make OBC better, as long as it benefits them they less concerned.
I even recommended they mention, loss of other entries if one day's entries are disqualified in the little vague statement that cites disqualification to warn members of consequences. The moderator just skated round the issue. I know it probably won't be added and members will continue to rudely shocked.
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Rosebella wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 12:00
MsTri wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 11:44 Two things:

One, I think we should have some way of quickly addressing mistakes made insofar as our BotD entries. For instance, if we DID Tweet a BotD but get disqualified because the moderator couldn't find it, we should be able to upload a screenshot of the tweet or something, since moderators can and DO make errors.

Two - and this is the biggest thing - if we DO get disqualified, perhaps we shouldn't get reset all the way to "0". How about just losing either one entry (for the one that was disqualified) or, at worst, the whole days' worth of entries (which can be anywhere between 1 and 7)? It takes about a month to get 200 entries, so to lose them ALL seems pretty unfair, and makes it difficult to want to recommend the site to others. Also, if an entry is disqualified for the First Ten reviews, it doesn't reset to "0", it just removes that one entry; doing the same for BotD would not only be fair, but also add balance across the board for the many activities here.
5 months down the line same story, different cast. I haven't seen Scott or moderators addressed a change in this issue. They say make suggestions to make OBC better, as long as it benefits them they less concerned.
I even recommended they mention, loss of other entries if one day's entries are disqualified in the little vague statement that cites disqualification to warn members of consequences. The moderator just skated round the issue. I know it probably won't be added and members will continue to rudely shocked.
No need to be disrespectful. Your questions were answered. Topic locked!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”