Did your views on guns change?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Did your views on guns change?

Post by n-dai che »

Guns also helps the country for defense, but if it is used for the wrong reasons, it seems sad.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

No, my views on guns did not change. I did feel empathy for the characters who had to use guns, but I still do not believe in them.
TashaCrispin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tashacrispin.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by TashaCrispin »

The book provided amazing insights. It hasn't changed my opinions but has helped me develop a deeper understanding regarding guns. The world will never change but it's constantly evolving. The laws regarding the handling of guns should also evolve and ensure to do their best in getting guns on the right hands. The basic issue being violence... awareness and positivity should be something people should be talking about.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I never liked guns being in a household, especially when the owner has not undergone psychiatric evaluation and there are children in the house. In my opinion, whenever a person owns one, and he is not a responsible and mentally fit person, his hands itch to use it if there is an opportunity, even just to shoot a rodent.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

ADE_96 wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 13:26 The book provided amazing insights. It hasn't changed my opinions but has helped me develop a deeper understanding regarding guns. The world will never change but it's constantly evolving. The laws regarding the handling of guns should also evolve and ensure to do their best in getting guns on the right hands. The basic issue being violence... awareness and positivity should be something people should be talking about.

I agree with you. The characters are the best way to ponder the advantages and the disadvantages.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

Misael wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 19:14 I never liked guns being in a household, especially when the owner has not undergone psychiatric evaluation and there are children in the house. In my opinion, whenever a person owns one, and he is not a responsible and mentally fit person, his hands itch to use it if there is an opportunity, even just to shoot a rodent.
Yeah, your point is so sad. I agree to that. My uncle kills himself by just a simple problem he can't manage.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

My views did not change at all. If anything, they were reinforced. I am not against the second Amendment, but I do think there should be a certain level of gun control. Maybe be more strict on determining who should and should not be allowed to carry a gun.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

Lg_99 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 20:30 My views did not change at all. If anything, they were reinforced. I am not against the second Amendment, but I do think there should be a certain level of gun control. Maybe be more strict on determining who should and should not be allowed to carry a gun.
You have the point. Gun must be in the right hands, specifically those who are physically fit to carry.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

My views haven't changed. I'm anti-gun and always will be. Only the trained and disciplined should be allowed access to this device.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

Miriam Molina wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 19:52 My views haven't changed. I'm anti-gun and always will be. Only the trained and disciplined should be allowed access to this device.
Yeah, only the disciplined person must carry a gun. If not , it might bring them to court like my cousin. He picked up my uncle's gun just to show to his friends. He was arrested in the check point because the country implemented gun banned.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

JessNWheeler wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 13:26 My views haven’t changed. If anything, my views were further confirmed. However, I hadn’t considered the danger of armed senior citizens, especially when they realize that they are nearing the end of their lives. The most dangerous people can be the people who feel that they have nothing left to lose.
Yes, I agree that the most dangerous ones are those who are not afraid to die knowing they will die anyway.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
See_B00kReaDs
Currently Reading:

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

n-dai che wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 20:19 Guns also helps the country for defense, but if it is used for the wrong reasons, it seems sad.
Guns should only be used by those in authority. Sadly, so many people today can easily acquire guns.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

See_B00kReaDs
Currently Reading:

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

My views on guns haven't changed at all. I still hope that only authorized people should have guns. All I know is that guns are not the answer, it only kills and destroy lives.
– Francis Chan

n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

See_B00kReaDs wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 07:16
n-dai che wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 20:19 Guns also helps the country for defense, but if it is used for the wrong reasons, it seems sad.
Guns should only be used by those in authority. Sadly, so many people today can easily acquire guns.
You are exactly correct! I guess terrorism had the most guns and weapons than those who have a good purpose of owning it.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

This book did not change my views about gun control at all. I still think less guns mean more safety even though I admit that a gun can come in very handy for self defense!

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”