Review by pinklover -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by pinklover -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by pinklover »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you want to know when you will die? Final Notice will show you how the characters of the story reacted to "Final Notice" warning. I will not recommend this book to minors because the story contains crimes, killings, and gun issues.

Vince and Trudi Fuller are a married elderly couple might be a victim of violence. The couple wonders why a senior citizen involves in gun homicides, mass shooting, and suicide. They also hear the National Rifle Association (NRA) giving discounts for the senior citizens. Why is it the NRA giving discounts for the senior citizens? Is killing the elder people too rampantly? What are the actions of the government in this situation? The FBI will usually found a watch, an iPhone and a gun on the scene. Why? Dr. Vijay Patel invented a new watch that is known as the "VitalTech2 or VT2." This watch monitors the user's blood and will notify his or her last days. How does a sports watch play an important role in the crime scene?

Final Notice is a science fiction novel written by Van Fleisher, involving senior citizens in the crime scene. The reader will notice higher rates of gun ownership because killing is rampant. This book is suited for all people who like science fiction that involves a gun. Gun owners will easily understand the story as well as they will know the advantages and disadvantages of having a gun.

I observed the "Final Notice" feature giving sudden rage to the user who makes them kill somebody before they die. The warning of "Final Notice" makes me disappointed a bit because it drives the user to be crazy and it sounds scary. The user of the watch cannot cope their feelings that they will die soon. Can you imagine someone's reaction knowing that he or she will die within the next 30 days?

However, the book entertains me because a gun is a current issue in my country nowadays. I like the author's idea of making the senior citizens as the main characters of the story. Van Fleisher wanted the audience to be aware of senior citizens' vulnerability in crimes, discrimination, and rejection from the younger generation. I appreciate the author included politics because it is related to our generation today.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book flows well and the grammar is good. I did not encounter any typos or misspelled words. The story tackles hot issues like killings, gun ownership, senior citizens subject to crimes and politics which we are experiencing today. I enjoyed reading the different scene of the story because it interrelates with the other story, too.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like pinklover's review? Post a comment saying so!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I once reviewed this book. I enjoyed reading it as well as its controversial gun issues. Nice review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

Ohh, sounds this book is cool, but I guess it is scary. Hmmm, the gun issue seems pretty exciting... It is very controversial in our place.
Rain18
Currently Reading: Concealment
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rain18.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Rain18 »

I also liked the way the author chose Vince and Trudi as the main characters and used them to bring a certain reality to the problems that the elderly community faces. Elderly abuse is real, and so is the propensity to stereotype them and to target them for ruses designed to take their money, homes, life insurance, etc. I enjoyed reading your point of view.
Rain18
“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.”
– Frank A. Clark

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”