On a 1 - 10 scale, rate your cooking interest and skills.

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: On a 1 - 10 scale, rate your cooking interest and skills.

Post by SparklesonPages »

Those might be two different figures for me ha ! I would say a 10 for interest and a solid 8 for skill. :wink:
Ahprescott
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ahprescott »

I'll rate a 9, because I really do love cooking. I like experimenting with old recipes and making them more modern or putting my own little twist on them. The only time I don't 100% enjoy cooking is when it's deathly hot outside. :twisted:
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

From 1-10

My cooking skills is 7. I can prepare different food items but their are slight chances that they either will get overcooked or undercooked.

While my cooking interest is 8. I always search for new recipes to try.
-R
Chyokore1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Chyokore1 »

10/10 this is because I like home made food,so I prefer cooking it myself.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

I would give myself a 9/10. I love cooking. as a guy, I can take my time to prepare meals and I enjoy cooking them too.
book worm1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by book worm1 »

I rate myself at a 2 when it comes to cooking. I prefer baking. When my husband and I first moved together he arrived with pots and pans. I had muffin tins and cake pans of all sorts. I have my grandmother's cookbooks which I enjoy reading. They provide insight into days gone by. If I ever need to know how to kill a chicken for Sunday dinner I have the book to tell me what to do!
I have newer cookbooks as well. I cook out of desperation. My husband loves to do gourmet meals. If I want something less exotic or that my kids might actually like I dig out my book of casseroles and throw stuff in a pot. I can whip up scones, cakes and muffins with ease but I suck at making lunches. My currently favorite cookbook is one by The Pioneer Woman. Full color pictures and step by step instructions.
EllieA
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elliea.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by EllieA »

I wouldn't dare rate my own skill, but I would rate my interest at an 8 because I love to cook, especially baking, but never was inspired to pursue it professionally. I like how flavors come together and play off of one another, sometimes in surprising ways. I like the tactile experience of preparing food. I like how the same ingredients, treated differently, become entirely different foods. Every meal is a story of texture, taste, and aroma... I love it.
rusalka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rusalka.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by rusalka »

I am an absolute nut for cooking. I love it and enjoy doing it everyday, especially if I get to feed a larger number of people! 😅 My skill is probably not quite perfect, probably around an 8, but I sure am trying to get there. :)
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

My cooking skill is at level beast mode! But my interest is at -1000. Now, I'm not going to starve. Yet, since I'm still at home, my mom will do it. I do make an occassional dish or dessert to contribute hehe. When I have my own family, I WILL obviously make their meals and snacks.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I think I'd give myself a 5. I'm OK at basic stuff, and do quite well with yeast - the results are edible, if not exactly the kind of thing you could put in a shop window.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

my interest is 10 or higher. My skill set is probably around 6-7 a hair down from restaurant chef. I've always wanted to take classes to improve.
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by KasieMiehlke »

I would rate myself a 10. I am very critical of myself, so I strive for perfection in my cooking. I like to try new recipes often and have yet to find one that I can't make.
mshogrider67
Favorite Book: The Haunting of Dove Cote house
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by mshogrider67 »

a 12

I love to cook. I do not use box mixes for anything, everything is homemade and I use as many fresh ingredients as possible. My husband and family think I should start a restaurant, but I feel like if cooking were a job instead of a hobby I would not enjoy it near as much.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I'm screaming.... 8! 😃
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I think I'm a ten! I lived in Russia just afterthe fall of communism so I had limited things I could buy and no pre-made stuff so I was forced to create my own dishes. Besides, I have also lived in China and Mexico, so I got to taste all kinds of international dishes. All this has helped make me a pretty great cook!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”