Love interest of Alex Fine

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
selecter stan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Love interest of Alex Fine

Post by selecter stan »

he needs a girl who will understand him

-- 25 Jul 2017, 05:01 --

alex should know love needs time
Denise Wallace
Currently Reading: 11:05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denise-wallace.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B01HC0DVM4

Post by Denise Wallace »

lolashoes wrote:It's going to take some girl who can handle Alex. He needs someone who can straighten him up. He's just immature and doesn't really know what he wants in most aspects of his life, if not all.
I agree. Alex needs a woman to make a man out of him.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
selecter stan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by selecter stan »

yes that true......a woman who knows the need of a man in a rlnshp
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Amagine wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 12:38 I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
I agree with this sentiment. There is too much going on he would eventually have to explain to a love interest, like his prolonged absences. Until he can be completely honest with a woman about his ability, his past, and the choices he has made since he discovered his ability, he should not be with anyone. If he wants a physical relationship only, Nicky is a great person because he is attracted to her and she knows about the internet travel so he wouldn't have to hide that from her.

Eva is great for someone who is ready for mature love. She deserves someone better than Alex. I felt so sorry for her when she opened herself up to him and he wasn't faithful to her.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I liked Eva's character from the very start. She's headstrong and knows exactly what she wants. And is very mature for Alex.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

I found the love stories of the novel to be underdeveloped- or not meant to be a main part of the book. I wish they were more developed but with all that was going on- I understand why there wasn't more to them. Also, I am wondering if there will be more to each story in the coming novel. Eva was hit and miss as a viable long-term option, whereas the red-head makes for a much more suitable mate... only the next novel will be able to shed light on those situations.
~Victoria M.L. McMillen

"You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." Stephen King
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

Alex's entire "romance life" just confused and irritated me. He was all about Eva. Then, he was all about other girl A, other girl B. Then, he was like "Oh, I did something really stupid. Eva will totally understand...she doesn't totally understand?" I know he's eighteen, and bonus points to the person who shows me the eighteen year old person who's perfect at relationships. Just, with all the other dumb stuff Alex did, his thing with the ladies was one more thing about him I didn't like.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

desantismt_17 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 11:24 Alex's entire "romance life" just confused and irritated me. He was all about Eva. Then, he was all about other girl A, other girl B. Then, he was like "Oh, I did something really stupid. Eva will totally understand...she doesn't totally understand?" I know he's eighteen, and bonus points to the person who shows me the eighteen year old person who's perfect at relationships. Just, with all the other dumb stuff Alex did, his thing with the ladies was one more thing about him I didn't like.
I definitely agree. I could not stand his habit of simply jumping from one girl to the next. Even though he was 18, I still think that he could have been a bit more mature than he was.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

I agree with the vast majority of you that Alex is not mature enough to carry on a serious relationship. Whenever he comes across a woman he founds attractive, he forgets about the previous one. As for the women he came across, since they all felt attracted to him for something purely physical and never noticed his emotional immaturity, none of them would ever convince me. In Eva's case, although she seems nice, her high society's family background and the figure of her father in her life scream "daddy issues" all over the place.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

I thought Eva was okay but I don't like how they gave us info about her when we first meet her and then after that, there was no substance. It just showed her in Alex's life but she never really got to help Alex on his journey or anything but yet he acted like he was so in love with her. I was disappointed that she wasn't in the sequel.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

It annoyed me that he had a different girl in each ‘port’ and he did not treat them with respect.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I think he is more of a womanizer. From his encounter with Jenny and Anna, he portrays a very immature and selfish way of handling his love life.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Jaime Lync wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 17:56
hsimone wrote:
Amagine wrote:I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
I know!! I wasn't sure how to say about what happened to that person without giving too much away, but you're right - it is dangerous to be around him, so he definitely shouldn't have a love interest right now.
These two ladies have said everything I wanted to say. I can say no more...
I second you on that. Alex is dangerous and he's still got a lot of growing up to do.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

He is eighteen years old, there is no perfect love interest for him yet. Eva was a sweet girl, but he screwed that up remarkably by doing something stupid. I hope that in the next books he develops a bit more before jumping into another romantic relationship.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Post by Storm+ »

As much as I'd like to say that Alex and Eva belong together, Eva deserves better than a boy who lies and cheats and obsesses over her only after he loses her. None of the other love interests really panned out, so I believe that, at least for now, Alex does not need one. Until he works on himself, all of his relationships will remain toxic.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”