How to Make to Text Bold or Italic in Reviews

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Aisha91
Favorite Book: Incognito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha91.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: How to Make to Text Bold or Italic in Reviews

Post by Aisha91 »

Bold Italics
Chebet 14 online
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Chebet 14 online »

Am having problems in making my text bold and in italics.
mcustercuster55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by mcustercuster55 »

HIT THE B ABOVE THE MESSAGE BOX TYPE WHERE THE CURSOR IS. THE CURSOR WILL BE BETWEEN TWO [ ]

do the same this to make an italic

thank you.
modiva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by modiva »

Regular Text. Bold Text. Regular Text
Regular Text. Italic. Regular
Zakia Ntelele

Post by Zakia Ntelele »

Hello I can't see how I submit errors found in the book
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

What if I write and format the review in a word document and then paste it?
Should it be OK with the formatting (including bold and italics)?
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

Peter was kind, and so was Ada . A kind gesture that was reciprocated by them both.
I get it now. Thanks for the tip.
April-Wilson-3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-wilson-3.html
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by April-Wilson-3 »

test test test test
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook
love my books
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-my-books.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by love my books »

McDowell[/b].[/i].
By William H. Cole
Genre: Fiction
353 pages
Publisher: Author House

REVIEW:

Hirem McDowell is a well-respected surgeon. He is an avid mountain climber. He shows no concern for other people that might be hurt by his dubious moral intentions which anger his contemporaries and friends who solemnly promise to bring him down.

McDowell cares for no one but his children; Sophie, Ann, and Billie. He had been married three times. His first wife died of breast cancer and she was the children’s mother. His third wife is Carol Mastriano of which he met in Denver. Carol had two daughters; Tasha and Candice. Carol found out that Hirem had a mistress named Rema in Nepal. He didn’t deny the affair and he didn’t care about how Carol felt.

He is power hungry. He cheated a colleague, Michael O’Leary, out of a chance to become president of the International College of Surgeons.

Hirem was a member of the President’s cabinet when a family tragedy presents him with a situation that leads to a serious crime. Jeremy, McDowell’s grandson, shot his mother Ann, seriously wounding her, then went on a killing spree and killed 10 kids, including his sister, and two adults at school and then went home and tried to commit suicide with his dad’s shotgun in his bedroom without success. As Jeremy lay in his hospital room, McDowell asks his daughter Sophie to wait outside the room until he called her back in. While his Aunt Sophie waits outside unbeknown of what her father was up to, Hirem kills Jeremy by asphyxiation. McDowell calls Sophie back in the room and told her to run and get help because Jeremy was dead with no emotion in his voice. After a long investigation he was convicted of Jeremy’s death and sent to prison. Hirem escapes and is now on the run.

Here is where the book gets interesting. After his escape, Hirem traveled through many states, lived in the woods and found a cave to protect him from the elements until Maud a bookstore owner he met took him in unaware that he was an escaped convict. And he was always looking over his shoulder. Keep reading and tag along with this great adventure Hirem takes you on. In this segment of the book, you see a different side of Dr. McDowell.

I enjoyed reading McDowell. It was full of suspense and mystery. It kept me guessing until the very end.

What I liked about the book was that it flows and each character is described so that you become familiar with each of their roles in this story.

I highly recommend McDowell and rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn’t give the book 4 stars because the book had a few fragmented sentences. Although it is well written and kept my attention throughout that is why I didn’t give it a 2. There wasn’t anything that I didn’t like about the book because it was well written with great characters. I recommend this book to anyone who likes to read suspense/mystery novels. I don’t recommend the novel if you are looking for romance with suspense.

I sensed that the novel was proofread and not professionally edited because I found a few fragmented sentences or maybe this is the writer’s style of writing. Final conclusion! I loved the book and highly recommend it.

SUMMARY:

McDowell by William Cole is a fiction novel set in Denver, CO. and other venues. The author is very descriptive of each character; very rounded and believable. The dialogue is realistic.

Hirem McDowell was a prominent surgeon that had it all and then lost it all. He’s arrogant, cunning and this man has no morals. He is rude to his wife and family. He cheats on his wife and thinks nothing of it.

This novel is so compelling that you’ll want to read on. It is full of twists and turns that finds the reader more interested in reading on to the end.
Omoye+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omoye.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Omoye+ »

Regular text bold text regular text
Regular text italics text regular text

Thanks
I am just trying out what I learnt.
ddellevar
Currently Reading:

Post by ddellevar »

Regular text. Bold text. Regular text. Italics. Regular text.
Jollyfak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Jollyfak »

testingthaks
Jollyfak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Jollyfak »

I still don't get how to do it
read2u
Currently Reading: Unveil your Intimate Self
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read2u.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by read2u »

I'm sorry Scott, but I feel like Aniza23 felt (until she got it)! Even though my first review has been accepted/approved, I received minuses for not italicizing or bolding. I still just am not getting it. Is there any way the process can be made simpler? Please help.
read2u
Currently Reading: Unveil your Intimate Self
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read2u.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by read2u »

test
test
Is this correct?

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”