Official Review: Unveil your Intimate Self

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natalie Charlene
Favorite Book: The Crux
Currently Reading: Cosmic Queries
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-charlene.html
Latest Review: The Bird Ride by Wade W. Bergner

Official Review: Unveil your Intimate Self

Post by Natalie Charlene »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unveil your Intimate Self" by Elena Georgiadou. This is a review of an advance copy of the book. The watermark mentioned in the review is not present in the live copy of the book.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unveil Your Intimate Self by Elena Georgiadou is a wonderful book discussing the one thing that connects us all—awareness. It is divided into three main sections each relaying specific information on what awareness is, how it works, and how you can achieve a connection to awareness or consciousness. The book asks you to realize how we have been conditioned to the thought patterns we have and to practice zoning in on your awareness to find peace and freedom in your life.

Before I hit chapter one, I was already very impressed by the organization and layout of the book. It is clean and professional looking, and the layout of the material makes it easy to follow. The first two parts of the book are divided into chapters, and the third is divided into sections, further divided into chapters, which stay on point making the information easy to absorb and follow. While it is a very organized and informative book, it also carries an almost conversational tone that keeps the information from becoming dry.

I generally don’t consider myself a spiritual person, identifying as atheist for as long as I can remember, but the explanation of the spiritual world make me reconsider my stance. Georgiadou does a fantastic job of incorporating impressive scientific data, especially in the areas of evolution and quantum physics, to support her message. I found myself following along with the breathing and meditation exercises and feeling better and much more positive. As a cynic, it is nice to be taken out of my comfort zone and shown a different way of perceiving the world.

As mentioned, Unveil Your Intimate Self is extremely well organized and clean. However, I did notice several areas with awkward wording, especially towards the end of the book. There are not many grammar mistakes throughout. The most noticeable appeared when listing the five senses; the first time “sound” is listed twice, and the second “sight” is listed twice, with each time “taste” being left out of the picture. The watermark boldly running diagonally across each page was a bit distracting in the beginning, but after a while I was able to tune it out.

I rate Unveil Your Intimate Self 4 out of 4 stars. Georgiadou has a unique voice and perspective, blending science and spirituality together, mirroring the modern thoughts and ancient wisdom involved in her practice of connecting via awareness and finding spiritual freedom. It is well organized with very few mistakes, and full of interesting and thought provoking content. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to reduce their stress (so, everyone), find inner peace, and learn interesting science and awareness practices along the way.

Unveil your Intimate Self
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like Natalie Charlene's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

As a buddhist I can agree to your account on awareness and meditation; I have been practicing it for a very long time. This book will help a lot more out there and you on other hand have first hand experience which is great. Thanks for sharing this book and the detail review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

It is very interesting that the author used quantum physics and evolution to convey her message about awareness and spirituality. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think a conversational tone is very important for a book like this, so that it doesn't become boring. I'm really not into self-help books, though. So, I think I'm going to bypass this one. Thanks for the information, though!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! I like how you mentioned that the author used a conversational tone. That makes it easier for readers to connect to the book and stay engaged.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

For a book to make a long-time atheist like you stop and reassess your beliefs, it must be really impactful. Having been Catholic all my life, I'm not wont to pick up books like this one. But I think those into meditation and those who are searching for life's meaning may find this book intimately speaking to them.
NL Hartje
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

It's nice to hear that the layout is so well organized. Thank you for this lovely review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

Although this is not a book I would naturally pick up, I find it interesting that it blends science and mystic practices. It is a hook that would make me give the book a once over, just out of curiosity. Thanks for the review.
Kareema Qaed
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kareema Qaed »

i was intrigued right from the beginning of the review. I am interested in this kind of books. Thanks for sharing this.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A spiritual book that discusses awareness sounds inspiring. That the book is well organized makes it easier to absorb its message. It is impressive that the book blends science and spirituality so well. Too bad about the few awkward wording. Not really my cup of tea, but I an glad you found the book beneficial. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

There are people who still do not believe in the existence of God or gods, they always rely on the popular saying "freedom of religion".
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I am not a big fan of motivational self-help books, but the onlinebookclub review of this book was written masterfully and highlighted the best the book had to offer. I rated the book 2 out of 4 stars.
MegIke
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megike.html
Latest Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by MegIke »

Thank you for the wonderful review. I like the fact that the book somehow influenced your personal views. I personally feel any good writer should influnce the reader somehow. From the honest review I believe I might enjoy the book as well.
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I get stressed easily so I have to get hold of this novel and learn how to meditate and take things nice and easy for a change. Congrats!
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

This book seems very interesting. I wouldn’t usually go for this type of book but I would definitely like to reduce stress and find inner peace so maybe I should rethink and give it a try!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”