Review by KasieMiehlke -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Review by KasieMiehlke -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by KasieMiehlke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Final Notice, VitalTech has come up with a watch that tells the wearer how many days they have left. What would you do if you knew your days were numbered? Would you tie up loose ends and make peace with everyone? Or would you go on a rampage in hopes of getting revenge?

This book takes on the difficult issues of gun control and immigration. While it is somewhat one sided, it is an extremely interesting read. Unprovoked school shootings and crimes against immigrants are rampant throughout this book. The subject of racism is also touched on. These subjects allow the book to stand the test of time and can spurn changes that need to happen.

As a gun owner, I was skeptical about this book. My main concern was that it was going to demonize all gun owners, however I was wrong. This book has some of the same thoughts that I have. It talks about gun control from closer to the middle than what was expected. It helps reiterate the point that guns are not the issue, but who has access to the guns are. This book mainly focuses on the bad and not so much the responsible gun owners, which was a little upsetting. If the was more of a focus on the better gun owners however, I do not think the book would have the same power.

The topic of immigration is discussed as well. The author, Van Fleisher, does a great job at showing the perception of immigrants that are used today. The struggles they face, including racism and hate are captured expertly. It shows that while most people that come to the states are not looking for a free ride, but are expertly trained in their fields. Fleisher also does a great job at dispelling the stereotypes of immigrants. The characters in this book come from all walks of life and all different nationalities. Final Notice shows how one like cause can forge a friendship that spans borders.

I give Final Notice by Van Fleisher, 4 out of 4 stars. This book, while a work of fiction, seems to be perfect for the times. There were some grammatical errors that were easily overlooked. Some of the most controversial subjects are discussed throughout this book. I highly recommend it for any mature person who questions the direction of society. If you have strong feelings one way or the other about guns or immigration, you probably would not enjoy this.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KasieMiehlke's review? Post a comment saying so!
Tank Girl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tank Girl »

It seems like it would be a good book to read but different characters and shooting mother said to me she went crazy
King Queen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by King Queen »

Seems to be good reading book and worth learning..

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”