What things SHOULDN'T go together?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: What things SHOULDN'T go together?

Post by briellejee »

SparklesonPages wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 12:55
briellejee wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 11:27
SparklesonPages wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 20:05 I’ve gone for supper at someone’s house and had a ton of slimy, fishy sardines slapped onto my bed of white rice. That should never again happen in history !
try mixing the sardines with beaten egg!! crush the sardines into mush and mix it with the beaten egg and fry until the egg looks like its cooked! thouhg it may look like mushy and a bit yucky but i swear it tastes good! :wink:
I love sardines usually. I cube onion, tomatoes, add grated garlic and cilantro, 2 tsp lemon juice. Everything stirred in the sardines and briefly fried up in a tbsp of olive oil delish !
I’ll give it a try your way.
Raw over rice though is a resounding no lol

ohhh also add the onion, tomatoes and garlic with the beaten egg! tell me how it goes! i'll try your way too since i havent done with a lemon juice! tell me how it goes !
that, i agree with. raw over rice is just a big fat no lol
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

SparklesonPages wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 12:57
briellejee wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 11:24
SparklesonPages wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 20:02

My son insists that pineapples have no place on pizza, he’s the only one in the house that won’t do it.
I make Christmas rice with bits of veg, apples and grapes 8) and I swear it’s delish :P
your son's a genius! :geek2: actually im also the only one who dont like pineapples on pizza :lol: what's the ratio of rice and the fruits though?
In all fairness, it’s 3 cups of rice to 1 Apple cubed small and maybe 12 grapes halved.
regards to your son!
wow that's a lot of rice. is the rice fried or just plain rice?
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

briellejee wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 21:11
briellejee wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 11:24

your son's a genius! :geek2: actually im also the only one who dont like pineapples on pizza :lol: what's the ratio of rice and the fruits though?
In all fairness, it’s 3 cups of rice to 1 Apple cubed small and maybe 12 grapes halved.
regards to your son!
It’s a very large pot of fried rice. Oh yes, Christmas rice for a family of 15 !
munajimah25
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by munajimah25 »

Yam with okro stew....huuusssh...i cant imagine how it will taste..
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

SparklesonPages wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 01:09
briellejee wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 21:11

regards to your son!
It’s a very large pot of fried rice. Oh yes, Christmas rice for a family of 15 !
FRIED RICE! now that makes sense!!! everything with fried rice is amazing,\. fried rice itself is amazing!! now that's a big fam! enjoy cooking aight? xoxo
WendyB80
Currently Reading: A Criminal Defense
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by WendyB80 »

There are lots of things I don't care for, but a former coworker used to make this tuna salad that had fruit in it. It looked weird and I never had the courage to taste it but I don't think it would have tasted good either. I'm iffy on tuna anyway, but with fruit? Nope.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I live in Colombia with my husband (who is Colombian and coincidentally a chef) and he and other people here love to put cheese in their hot cocoa...I find it a horrible combination!!
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I've heard that bitter gourd should not be taken with curd 'cause it can be harmful for our health. Also soup and hot/warm milk should not be taken in one day 'cause it makes our stomach upset. :snooty:
-R
christine gacheri

Post by christine gacheri »

Cate winslet wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 10:32 potatoes and ugali...
what kind of potatoes?
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I once went on a 5 day hike with a few of our friends. On the third night, we stupidly left the bag with all the food in it outside the tent. The animals had a huge party with all our food that night. Needless to say, we had two more days to walk with not much left.
Included in our rations were: Peanut Butter; a LOT of carrots; and Marmite. I have no idea what possessed us to bring these very random items with us, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the three do not mix!
We spent the next two days dipping carrots in peanut butter and Marmite. It was horrific!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:

WendyB80 wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 11:27 There are lots of things I don't care for, but a former coworker used to make this tuna salad that had fruit in it. It looked weird and I never had the courage to taste it but I don't think it would have tasted good either. I'm iffy on tuna anyway, but with fruit? Nope.
My goodness ! Fruit in tuna salad you say?! That gives me the heeby gebbies !
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:

Camille Turner wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 15:42 I live in Colombia with my husband (who is Colombian and coincidentally a chef) and he and other people here love to put cheese in their hot cocoa...I find it a horrible combination!!
Cheese in hot cocoa sounds like a swift trip to the potty! That’s just a overall dangerous combination.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:

Bianka Walter wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 06:45 I once went on a 5 day hike with a few of our friends. On the third night, we stupidly left the bag with all the food in it outside the tent. The animals had a huge party with all our food that night. Needless to say, we had two more days to walk with not much left.
Included in our rations were: Peanut Butter; a LOT of carrots; and Marmite. I have no idea what possessed us to bring these very random items with us, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the three do not mix!
We spent the next two days dipping carrots in peanut butter and Marmite. It was horrific!
Ha that was a pretty random selection for sure but it certainly makes for a great story after the fact. I can’t imagine two days of that combination!
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Recently saw an Infomercial (should get out more!) where they put mayo and ketchup on THE SAME BURGER. Nooooooooo!!!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

SparklesonPages wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 11:11
Camille Turner wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 15:42 I live in Colombia with my husband (who is Colombian and coincidentally a chef) and he and other people here love to put cheese in their hot cocoa...I find it a horrible combination!!
Cheese in hot cocoa sounds like a swift trip to the potty! That’s just a overall dangerous combination.
Haha! Agreed...no thank you!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”