Review by Anita_Gatson -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anita_Gatson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anita-gatson.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Review by Anita_Gatson -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Anita_Gatson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roadmap To The End Of Days, by Daniel Friedmann, is the Author's take on key events to take place in the future and what role mankind will play in them. In this book Mr. Friedmann begins by posing a series of questions to the reader. In short, he desires one to ask themselves is there a purpose to my existence? If so where or what is it leading me to and what about humanity as a whole? Where are we headed?

Through the Author's studies of certain resources coupled with key historical events he surmises that mankind will ultimately usher in a time of peace and harmony. But in order to achieve them and have an environment where God's Presence will be at home there is work to be done. And what a great work it is! Mr. Friedmann believes that this peace and harmony will come about when non-Jews are adhering to the Seven Noahide Laws while Jews are keeping the 613 Commandments of the Torah. After this has been done then the Divine Purpose, a time where the physical world will be made a dwelling-place for God, will be achieved.

There are several questions that I have regarding this theory. How often do I have to keep these laws? What will happen if I miss one and what effect will the Jewish people who fail to keep their 613 laws have on me...and others?! In my opinion this is a major undertaking for anyone to consider. I absolutely disagree with the Author's views but in fairness he does include a disclaimer. One thing that I do agree with is his description of the End of Days and that no one knows when the Messianic Era will commence.

Mr. Friedmann does use the Bible throughout the text but he only uses Old Testament scriptures. This causes a big problem for me! I feel that there is no way that anyone can point to future world events and intentionally exclude the New Testament. But I do see that there is a precise reason for this omission. Just as there is no proper understanding of End Time Events without New Testament scriptures there can be no Messianic Era without Jesus Christ!

Timelines highlighting key Biblical events are used but the Author fails to even mention the Name of Jesus Christ as a part of this history! By doing this I feel that Christian Believers will take issue with a so-called Messianic Era without Jesus Christ. This should speak volumes to Christians who believe the entire Bible...from Genesis to Revelation. In conclusion, I found no grammatical errors. The editing of the text was very well done. As for the subject matter of the book I did not enjoy it and rate it 1 out of 4 stars.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anita_Gatson's review? Post a comment saying so!
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I enjoyed reading your review! I also felt like the author's book was incomplete without discussion of Jesus. But, I still found the patterns he presented quite fascinating and well researched. Nice job!
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

Thank you for your review.

As someone who also uses both the Old Testament and New Testament the ending and lack of further discussion of Jesus Christ bothered me.

Was there ever a point where you considered stopping reading the book and not completing the review? I thought about doing that for a moment or so but then decided that I needed to at least consider his interpretation.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”