Review by eBookreviewer -- Who Told You That You Were Na...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Review by eBookreviewer -- Who Told You That You Were Na...

Post by eBookreviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? is a non-fiction Christian book by William E. Combs, and it gives the reader his interpretation of some of the early passages of the Old Testament. The book has just 10 chapters, each of which present a set of questions to us at the end that help us question our own understanding of the context of the chapters. In this book, the author explores the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, their encounter with the serpent and the consequences for all mankind and also explores their special time with God.

This book is filled with wisdom and insight from the writer. He explains faith, sin, truth and many other concepts in an easy-to-read book, but this is not a quick read book, rather it is a book to be read over time. The end of each chapter includes thought-provoking study questions upon which to reflect and delve deeper. The testimonies of faith were very powerful, and contributed to a better understanding of the idea.

William E. Combs incorporates several biblical passages, and he explains them for context, as well as explaining individual words and their meanings in the Bible. The author uses personal stories and scripture references throughout the book to further support his viewpoints. Besides, he explores the nature of faith, challenges to faith and so on.

The writer has a very keen grasp of theology and is very good at using other parts of the Bible. The idea of giving Adam and Eve everyday lives, and who they would be now, is interesting. The chapter questions can lead to discussion and are clearly answered within the book.

What I like the most is how the author told the story of Adam and Eve and brought out points that made things perfectly clear. What I like the least is that he makes some assumptions about the biblical text which are pure supposition.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I don’t give it less than 3 because I think the book is well written and I like looking at how the language was interpreted from Hebrew, and how slightly different interpretations read very different. I don’t give it more then 3 stars because, as I said before, some assumptions are pure supposition.

I recommend this book to all readers looking for a sound Christian faith book. It is a great read for those who have a good clamp of their faith and desire a little more understanding. In my opinion, this book is the perfect beginner ‘s guide to this faith.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like eBookreviewer's review? Post a comment saying so!
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by eBookreviewer »

It is a good review of this book, which can help for those who desire more understanding
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Very detailed review. I read the book a while back. I loved it too (for the same reasons as you).
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”