Review by Milyondollarbb -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Milyondollarbb
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milyondollarbb.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by Milyondollarbb -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Milyondollarbb »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the past, I have often wondered why I had such problems in life. I've had immature thoughts of how cruel or unfair the predicaments I have compared to my peers. Have you gone through the same? Have you questioned yourself where you might have gone wrong? Did you choose the wrong option? Are your decisions telling you how a failure you might become? Is everything in your life just a complete mess? And then, 1hen you sit down and it all shoots in your head you realize all thise time, you just want to be happy. To be truly happy. What does it mean when a person is happy?

And Then I Met Margaret is a non fiction book by Rob White. I was wrong when I thought it was a romantic story. It was more than that. The story is a very personal recollection of events that has influenced and even changed the author's perspective and judgement in life. He starts from humble begginnings until he beca!e really successful in estate and dining. Of course he started reaping the fruits of his labor. He began to enjoy wealth but together with this comes a feeling of emptiness. He was unhappy. It was all incomplete. He thought that seeking for help from gurus would let him understand and realize how to be truly happy but through the process, his realization teaches him that you learn best from the ordinary people you simply come across. Those we usually leave unappreciated. Yes, the ordinary people we come across, these were the ones that truly helped Rob find that inner peace and fulfillment.

The book is of 21 chapters. Twenty one significant events in his life that left such great impact and inspiration. Moments that really helped shine light in the darkness. The story will not let you stop reading most especially when you unconsciously are looking for answers for questions you did not know even existed.

And Then I Met Margaret is an inspirational story that doesnt lecture you and asks you to do such drastic changes. It is simple and full of power to make one realize that everything happens for a reason. People come and people go but there will always be a particular person who is extra special that will help you grow and realize great things in life by simply crossing your life. This simply tells us what he has been through. The things that not everyone might go through exactly but given enough light to ponder might really tell you thebsame thing that the author managed to realize. Yes, everything happens for specific reasons and we only need to be realistic, own your decisions and problems in life and always give it your best shot. Be your best.

I agree with the author pointing out how greed changes people and most especially changes the way things appear to happen. Greed makes you want to take the fast lane and neglect the learning that is vital to make ypu complete and whole. Greed can really make beasts out of people that they take so much without them realizing they have lost even more.

I will give the book 4 out of 4 stars rating because it has changed the way see life and how I should react to it. I loved how it reminded me to never neglect the smallest things in life and to never overthink. I hope everyone would take the time to read this. It is a surprise how beautiful the stories are inside that it makes me teary-eyed once or twice throughout the duration of my reading. I want to thank Rob White for unselfishly sharing his wisdom and experiences. It has become an instrument enlighten people and to not just tell them not to lose hope but instead, you made me and maybe even other readers realize on our own that these problems and unending loop of struggle is telling us something thatbwill help us not just become a better person but to be the best person we can be!

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Milyondollarbb's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Many people thought this was going to be a romance. I guess the author surprised you with all the gurus he presented. I really liked your paragraph on greed. Thanks.
Mishyy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mishyy »

This story is outstanding. I thought it was romance but to my surprise, it wasn't. Thanks to the author who wrote this lovely novel.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I really enjoyed reading your review. It was a pleasure to read such a purely appreciative tribute to Margaret. It makes me happy that you gleaned so much personal wisdom and transformation from reading it. Well done!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”