Review by Amy4 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy4.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by Amy4 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Amy4 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White, is a very interesting, non-fiction book. The author hailed from a poor town with a model reality for scrambling for money. He made good choices and became a big-city schoolteacher. He became rich and successful, in spite of this, he felt something lacking, he was spiritually bankrupt.

He set out to find gurus who would share their wisdom and help him feel rich on the inside too. This quest took him around the world. In And Then I Met Margaret, Rob White tells us stories of these ordinary gurus and the impact they had on his life. How they changed his way of thinking, how they motivated him, and how they helped him make great decisions in life.

In every chapter, the author begins with a myth he believed and how he encountered a guru who transformed his belief, and he ends with the new truth he has learned. This truth has helped shape his life for the better.

He talks of his aunt Theresa who underwent shunning in their home-town. She would go out of her way to make him happy. He learned a great lesson in the grocery store incident where he stole a candy from a jar and felt ashamed and embarrassed. A stranger paid for it without rattling him to the owner. He was saved from becoming a thief. The most influential and youngest guru was Margaret. She helped the author see the distorted view of reality. She impacted him positively and it has been an ongoing process and thus named the book after her.

The book is riddled with positivity, it is well paced, full of inspiration. It challenges the way you view life and the decisions you make. The author tells his stories with humor and flare. He captivates and holds your attention. He teaches people to avoid the mistakes he made by sharing his real-life experiences and the lessons he learned. This helped him grow from a shy, embarrassed boy to a confident adult. He even tries different activities like car racing.

I recommend this book to all people from all walks of life. It will make you confident, help you make great and wise decisions in life and also become a great influence on someone else’s life. If you feel like you’re in the dumps, discouraged, ready to quit or give up, then this book will change your perspective on life.

I enjoyed And Then I Met Margaret and really loved it. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited, had good grammar and every story was well delivered.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Amy4's review? Post a comment saying so!
bossy2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by bossy2018 »

Wao this is a great review, infact i enjoyed every bit of it, even thou i have not read the book(then i meet margret) infact i will like to read it because presently i am pass thru a very difficult time now as i am typing this comment but when i read the review by amy4 i was encouraged. So i need to read book (then i meet margret)
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I liked reading your review. You have captured the strengths of this book very well. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, but appreciated many aspects of it. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Great review. I did not like the book but I know many did. Aunt Theresa was an interesting woman though.
Amy4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy4.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Amy4 »

Thanks, guys. Your welcome.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”