Which author do you want to have a beer with?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
awelker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by awelker »

yep im a muggle what can i say. but it would be cool to be a witch. just saying, or even a vampire like in twilight.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Yeah I wouldn't mind being a witch myself!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

awelker

Post by awelker »

im thinking anything supernatural would be cool. i have always loved reading about stuff like that. that i probably why i love harry potter so much.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
babypinkcandygirl

Post by babypinkcandygirl »

id have to go for james joyce so i could understand his work better. then again if we got smashed on beer it wouldnt really matter if i didnt understand him one iota!
what's your top ten...?
Karen

Post by Karen »

Maggie Righetti is not an author of a novel, short story or a poem. She is the author of, "Crocheting in Plain English". I learned to read the crochet short hand language (used to write patterns in books and magazines) from that book. It was like having a friend sitting with me. She wrote of her experiences connected to the different facets of learning crochet and its written language. The book is her story, a tutorial, and when you've read the tutorial, it's an excellent reference book too. At that lunch I would like to say thank you to her, and get her to sign my well used book.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

I think about Edgar Allan Poe many times because I have a lot of questions that I want to ask him about his novels and short stories (What is it about The Death? What was he thinking about while writing the stories?). I think he has a serious problems in his life. When I read his biography, I read that his life was always misserable until his death, as if no happiness at all. I think I really want to help him moving forward.
alisonsarah

Post by alisonsarah »

I don't drink beers but I'd have a cup of tea with iain banks and Ian rankin marian keyes
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

Awesome question!=) Lets see I guess mine would deffffinitely fall under a party, lotta people lol, I need a ouija board too, conjure up some spirits here;)
So Kurt Vonnegut for sure, Charles Bukowski, Emily Bronte and Charlotte Bronte (sisters), that would be interesting;) Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare,(that would be....WILD, haha) James Joyce, Blake and Poe, of course, Mark Twain, Truman Capote, Bram Stoker, man! too many! really mine would be a parrrrrrrty;) and then i would bed them all=) of course i really don't know how Wilde or Capote would feel about that;)
clarebear

Post by clarebear »

Hunter S Thompson, Charles Bukowski and William Burroughs. Now that would be a party!
I also wouldn't mind having a beer with the actors who have played these writers, Johnny Depp and Matt Dillion!
"There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." Sylvia Plath
blushingmilk

Post by blushingmilk »

Roald Dahl or Philip Pullman, I'd be happy with either of those.
"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
*~ C. S. Lewis
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Roald Dahl... now that I could really dig!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

clarebear wrote:Hunter S Thompson, Charles Bukowski and William Burroughs. Now that would be a party!
I also wouldn't mind having a beer with the actors who have played these writers, Johnny Depp and Matt Dillion!
Oh man!! :D I would LOVE to throw more than a few back with Johnny Depp and Matt Dillion! :) Then of course me and these two charming gents would have to play a little strip pokerrrrrrr :wink:
benfoldsgirl

Post by benfoldsgirl »

clarebear wrote:Hunter S Thompson, Charles Bukowski and William Burroughs. Now that would be a party!
I would probably choose Hunter S. Thompson, William Burroughs, and Jack Kerouac. Oh, and Rob Sheffield, John Sellers, and Chuck Klosterman. These would be at different times, of course.
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

benfoldsgirl wrote:
I would probably choose Hunter S. Thompson, William Burroughs, and Jack Kerouac. Oh, and Rob Sheffield, John Sellers, and Chuck Klosterman. These would be at different times, of course.
I like Love is a Mix Tape, Life and Loss..One Song at a Time..Rob Sheffield=) It would be cool to have a drink with him
benfoldsgirl

Post by benfoldsgirl »

Star wrote:
benfoldsgirl wrote:
I like Love is a Mix Tape, Life and Loss..One Song at a Time..Rob Sheffield=) It would be cool to have a drink with him
That is one of my favorite books. I read it in a day. It wasn't challenging or particularly amazing, but I think sometimes that is a good thing.

Return to “Discuss Authors”