Strict Anti-Spam Rules (for authors and publishers)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

antarpuneet_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Strict Anti-Spam Rules: Important for authors and publis

Post by antarpuneet_ »

Great Rules i agree with these rules thanks for informing
shahinshaikh260
Bookshelf Size: 141

Post by shahinshaikh260 »

I am so happy that even authors have to follow strict rules. So the chances of spams are next to impossible. Also, strict anti-spam policy ensures a clean reading, reviewing and sharing environment.
ejourney2

Post by ejourney2 »

How do we ask customer reviewers to post their reviews on Amazon? I'm a bit flummoxed about how to navigate this site. I understand the general rule (and principle) that an author does nothing whatsoever to promote her books on the site except through the advertising packages, but I find no way to request customer reviewers to post reviews on Amazon other than to leave a reply on the review forum for a book.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

ejourney2 wrote:How do we ask customer reviewers to post their reviews on Amazon? I'm a bit flummoxed about how to navigate this site. I understand the general rule (and principle) that an author does nothing whatsoever to promote her books on the site except through the advertising packages, but I find no way to request customer reviewers to post reviews on Amazon other than to leave a reply on the review forum for a book.
You should privately contact Scott via the author dashboard or the Contact Link about that.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
maroa_elisha

Post by maroa_elisha »

Thanks for this guidelines. Indeed its the best to control spam malicious attempt for non-readers to keep away authors from promoting their products. I really love it. Kudoos!
AncaPaic
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by AncaPaic »

No problem for me ..keep up the good work :)
kads31
Currently Reading: Chasing Diana - Perception Vs. Reality
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by kads31 »

Well communicated
merailey
Favorite Author: Jeffery Deaver
Currently Reading: Spy Line
Bookshelf Size: 318
fav_author_id: 8033

Post by merailey »

New here but definitely agree with keeping spam away and not allowing beginning post be of the nature to obtain self gratification for their books.
Elmygd

Post by Elmygd »

Hello, my name is Godwin,am a new member , Read through all the rules and it's very clear to me.
malikmaliik

Post by malikmaliik »

Well said, Scott, I think with all the above features we are well able to prevent and control spammers and trolls. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Do so wish I’d read this before making my introductory posts :doh:
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Is it possible for the strict anti spam rules to be lifted off the forum and made available with the other guidelines (or made more visible if it is) please? I dutifully read guidelines when I joined, but on accessing the forums, I went straight to ‘Introduce yourself’, not realising that Off-Topic/ Public Suggestion box should have been my first port of call.
Apologies if it is elsewhere and I just missed it, but this site is pretty overwhelming for new starters who are finding their way.
Kitten69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitten69.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kitten69 »

I love the fact that I have easy access to the rule and you also put in reminders, which is extremely helpful to those of have not yet begun to work in this world. I read through the items that you posted in here and was reminded to watch what I am doing and avoiding trouble any kind. There are certain points that stick in your head, but when you run across something that you do not have knowledge of, then we have plenty of resources and that makes things easier to become more efficient and beneficial to you and the company. i thought that you were and concise in this posting and we certainly got the message.
Maemuna
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maemuna.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Maemuna »

appreciated.
Olive Branch Reader
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Olive Branch Reader »

Thank you. I've read every word--clear and concise. Therefore, I intend to keep my integrity as a new member.

Many more good things and success in all the work that you do!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”