Review by Phikim -- The Expansion by Christoph Martin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Review by Phikim -- The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Phikim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author of The Expansion, Christoph Martin works towards production of two Swiss movie projects; bringing the expansion story to the big screen one day and production of the 'Spirit of panama!' The author has intention of rolling out his next three 'Expansion series' books over the coming years.

The story kicksoff by introduction of Max Burn and Sarah. They are discussing something and on the process Max discloses to Sarah that Prof. Moyle is putting up a team so as to bid for the expansion of Panama Canal. Sarah is extremely amused by the news but after a few minutes remembers that Max has already signed another contract with her father. The Panama Canal expansion project is not just an ordinary venture but a dangerous undertaking characterised by deception, political manoeuvring and financial greed by numerous states eyeing the tender. Max being on the winning tender team, finds himself framed-up for sabotage and murder of Panama Canal Administration official. He is now left with his only newly found girlfriend, Karis Deene, an environmental researcher at the Institute of Panama to confine in. Karis has a dangerous secret that not only would change the entire world's power balance but would also destroy Max.

When I started reading the book, I was asking myself what this expansion was all about. The book hastily and evidently uncovers the relevance of the title with ease. Writing such a story with such setting is not a walk in the park but Christoph seems to have done enormous research. Unveiling what happens in almost all the states in the world is a well thought-off idea. Such projects brings even deaths into play.

Interactions of the characters is admirable. The conversations they make put you into figuring out mode especially when Max and his team are together. You figure and follow through the story from the start to the end. Description of activities and gestures is hatful. I was compelled under several ocassions to believe I was really watching a movie. The amount of suspense herein left me thinking. I love the fact that the author brings out the aspect of romance without  exposing the 'nudity' of the content.

The suspense is undoubtedly exhibited in this book. A reader wouldn't want to keep away the book as one would want to see  the 'what next?.' It is professionally edited without typos and grammatical errors. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

The Expansion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like Phikim's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I also liked this book. I think Christopher did a great job with the characters. They are likable and relatable. Besides, I have no doubts this book can be a hit on the big screen.
Phikim
Currently Reading:

Post by Phikim »

Absolutely true. The book is very valid to today's state of the world. Corruption, financial greed and political manoeuvring. Indeed it can be a hit.
BRIAN BORORIO
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BRIAN BORORIO »

awesome job done!!!!
Phikim
Currently Reading:

Post by Phikim »

Thanks for your generous replies and contributions.
Ezekielafog12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Ezekielafog12 »

To be honest I have no doubts
this book can be a hit on the big
screen.Thanks for the reviw,God bless you
oni oluwapelumi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by oni oluwapelumi »

To be honest i have no doubts about the book. this book can be a high hit on the screen. thanks for the reviwe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”