Review by lmcrawley -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lmcrawley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmcrawley.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by lmcrawley -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by lmcrawley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book And Then I Met Margaret the author, Rob White gives a sincere and genuine account of lessons learned throughout his life experiences. While reading the book I was left at the end of each chapter feeling as though I had learned a lesson as well and wished to add his realities discovered to my own quote book.

Each chapter begins with a statement from the author “The Myth I Believed”. Throughout each chapter White divulges who he met, what happened during his experience, and how the person(s) helped him to rethink his outlook on life. Every chapter has a beginning which gives the reader a background or history of how the author got to this point in his life. Then, we are given a middle where the author has a revelation; where he becomes a true witness to the myth he had believed for so long. Finally, at the end of each chapter, White explains how he went on to teach another individual the lesson he learned in hopes of helping someone else. White then completes each chapter with a repetition of his statement: “The Myth I Believed” but includes a revised statement: “The Reality I Discovered”.

One thing I like about the book is that it is simplistically written. I find White did not write to sound pretentious or to make himself sound like an expert. Reading the book, I was left with the impression that, although he makes it known he is a multi-millionaire; he remains true to his humble roots from a small factory town he was so eager, yet so nervous to leave.

Another thing I truly like about the book is its sincerity presented through White’s unaltered account of various times in his life. That particular moment may not have been the most glorious period or the most successful phase, but it was his valuable moment of self-realization. I would challenge any person who thinks they have a strong feeling of self-appreciation to read this book and not learn a new reality about themselves or about others.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a fresh take on a long line of books that are considered self-help, or guru advice books. White’s is a book for the everyday person struggling to find a way to live decently and with some aspect of self-awareness. You never know, some realities discovered by White just might lead to our own realities.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lmcrawley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”