What is the most memorable scene in a film that sticks with you and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
cosmographist69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cosmographist69.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

What is the most memorable scene in a film that sticks with you and why?

Post by cosmographist69 »

For me there are many, but every time I see the scene in Good Fellas with the instrumental for that Clapton song playing in the background, I get chills to this day.
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

There is this one film, Black Swan, that was released in 2010. I really loved the last scene where Natalie Portman assumes the character of the Black swan. I loved the way the character transformed from a sweet young girl trying to make a mark in ballet, to the paranoid, and schizophrenic dancer, thrusting herself ahead of the competition, unaware of her illness. The scene where Nina hallucinates that she finally evolves into a black swan still gives me goosebumps.
Regards,
Kinkini
A Bookworm
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Without a doubt the MOST profound experience I have ever had resulting from a movie scene was the ending of the original (not director's cut) movie Cinema Paradiso. It totally knocked the hell out of me. I'm sure this one scene was largely responsible for it winning the Academy Award for best foreign film.

Next would be when Scout deduces who the man in the corner is in To Kill A Mockingbird. I think I've mentioned this before in these forums, but that scene was so profound and had such an impact on readers and movie-goers that a term for the effect it produces in the viewer has been coined in the lexicon of literary descriptions when referring to other scenes like it in other movies as the "Hey Boo." Moment .

Also the ending of Dances With Wolves. The metaphorical symbolism was the best I have ever seen in cinema.

I'm sure there are others but those are the first that come to mind.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

The whole movie of Get Out has really stuck with me since I first saw it. The scene that I always go back to is when the main character is first brought into the Sunken Place and he's paralyzed with tears streaming down his face.
Ndifrekedem
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Ndifrekedem »

Okay. The scene in justice league where Spider Man asks batman...'what's your super power? Batman replies him I'm rich's it's just got me and I was like -yeah that's it.
whoisaida

Post by whoisaida »

I like to watch uncharted 4 by thatcherjoegames on youtube.

And the scene in the first episodes where (i forgot his name) flashback scenes as a kid.

He much represents and resembles my current situation (:
Varsha+ Kaul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-varsha-kaul.html
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by Varsha+ Kaul »

The most memorable scene in a movie that sticks to me is the scene from the 1976 movie The Omen where Gregory Pick's character has to overcome his paternal love and care for his adopted son Damien for the greater good of society. I could see his struggle and I honestly think he would not have stabbed Damien even if he appeared to as the police came and shot him, from the perspective he was harming the child. There was intense emotion in this scene , and Gregory Pick's struggle I felt was left a cliff hanger because of his death . In a way his soul must have felt relieve from this dilema. I cried for Damien also.
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook
judyjoy92
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by judyjoy92 »

scream series...when the second killer was revealed.I was like," it really had to be Kieran?".I just find it hard to forget that part.I liked alot Kieran and it hurt to realise how he could pretend around Emma all along.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

The birds coming to land on the school climbing frame in Hitchcock's 'The Birds'.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

I watched Arrival last year and was blown away by the scene where she enters the spaceship. My god, it was so beautiful and intense and you learn so much and it's such a mindflip.
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

One scene that actually stuck with me in the movie The Flash, was when Barry sang to Iris. It was really nice.
Banji007

Post by Banji007 »

For me its a scene in the film GLADIATOR where MAXIMUS(Russel Crowe), in the first scene ,the war against the BARBARIANS...when he renders the the line "...what we do in life,echoes in enternity"...
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

This one is easy. Its got to be the scene in Titanic where Jack threatened to jump into the sea after Rose, should she carry out her desire to commit suicide. It was so touching that he could believe in her despite having not yet known her personally. And that singular action saved her life.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

The most memorable scene for me was *spoilers* when Thomas J gets stung and killed by bees in My Girl. When I first saw that, I think I was fourteen and I didn't expect that scene to occur considering Thomas J was played by Macaulay Culkin who at the time was America's sweetheart. I was thinking "Children don't get killed in movies and especially ones played by Macaulay Culkin." I was in complete shock at what I saw. Especially since Thomas J got killed finding his best friend's ring, a piece of jewelry that meant everything to her. After I saw that scene, I was in shock the whole day. I was supposed to have a sleepover at a friend's house and it was hard for me to be happy that whole sleepover because of what I saw. You know it's fake but it still has a negative effect on you. It didn't help that the two of us went to rent a movie at Blockbusters and My Girl was shown on the DVD rack. Playing in the background was Britney Spear's "Everytime." Now when I hear that song, I think of that scene from My Girl.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

The ending scene of "Notebook" just doesn't get out of my head. Also I like the scene when Hella meets Thor and Loki in "Thor Ragnarok". I actually remember each and every dialogue from that scene.
-R

Return to “Films and Books”