Official Review: Lost In Her Blue Eyes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Official Review: Lost In Her Blue Eyes

Post by pinklover »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost In Her Blue Eyes" by Michelle L. Jackson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“We are defined not by the station in life into which we are born, nor by our pedigree, race, or religion, but by the choices we make.” Robin McGraw
A family is a bond between a father, mother, and children in the union of marriage. How can you call it family when you are born outside marriage? How can a child understand the term “you belong to the other family”? Michelle Jackson wrote this book Lost in Her Blue Eyes would make you cry, laugh, understand, and most important to love unconditionally. She lives in the Northern part of Ohio, and her greatest inspiration comes from her son.

Miranda has strong personality having red hair and blue eyes. After a year, she was born, her parents got separated. How can a small child understand that your father married another woman and not your Mom? Can you think Miranda's vulnerability of growing up? Is she mentally and physically abused? She also has younger twin sisters who make her life horrible like Cinderella's stepsisters. In the toughest time of her life, she wishes, “if only my Dad is here right beside me.” She needs her mother who will protect her with warm understanding and patience, but to her, she was just dreaming.

From time to time, they moved from one place to another. The harsh thing in her life is living with drug dens around and experienced a bullet across their room. Who will attend to her screaming, and help her calm down out of fears? Living with her Dad sometimes is a bad experienced because of her stepmother. Why her parent let her experience like hell? How can she love them beyond pain? Her parents must be the role model, but not on the positive side of life. What will be the life awaiting her when she gets married? She was afraid to repeat the history of her parents.

Everyone can relate to the story, especially this phrase, “never be a prisoner of your past.” I like the author's description of Miranda's strong personality of fighting for love. She cannot change the people who hurt her, but she let the pain change her life. Her fighting spirit against all odds encourages me to be strong. I admire the author's reminder to parents that children have a way of making their parents do the right thing.

Lost in Her Blue Eyes is easy to read, and you will feel that Miranda is talking to you. It is a short story that has 10 chapters with different letters to Miranda’s loved ones to express that she loves them unconditionally beyond hurts. The only downside I found was some grammatical errors and typos, but I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Everybody can relate to the story, and the life lesson applies in today’s generation. I will recommend this book to all women who cannot forgive easily, maybe this book can help them understand. To all gentlemen also who like to be treated as a king for them to understand that they must protect their queen.

Lost In Her Blue Eyes
View: on Bookshelves

Like pinklover's review? Post a comment saying so!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Sounds like a painful story, but it also reflects on the harsh reality that parents decisions could bring upon their kids. After all it's parents mistakes that children ultimately has to pay. They were born because we made them to not because they asked for it. Thanks for sharing!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's too bad about the errors. I agree, though, that we shouldn't be prisoners of our past. It sounds like this is a great story for us all in spite of the typos. Thanks for sharing with us!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

This sounds like a really sad book to read. Thank you for your review.
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 23:03 Sounds like a painful story, but it also reflects on the harsh reality that parents decisions could bring upon their kids. After all it's parents mistakes that children ultimately has to pay. They were born because we made them to not because they asked for it. Thanks for sharing!
yeah, we cannot choose our parents nor the race we are born.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
joy37
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by joy37 »

CommMayo wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 16:47 This sounds like a really sad book to read. Thank you for your review.
I agree with you.
benzharvey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benzharvey.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by benzharvey »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 23:03 Sounds like a painful story, but it also reflects on the harsh reality that parents decisions could bring upon their kids. After all it's parents mistakes that children ultimately has to pay. They were born because we made them to not because they asked for it. Thanks for sharing!
I agree, children oftentimes are the one who suffers so badly.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I agree
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

CommMayo wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 16:47 This sounds like a really sad book to read. Thank you for your review.
it is a sad story :( but once you read this, you will learn how to release :tiphat: hurt feelings. :D
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

pinklover wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 01:13
it is a sad story :( but once you read this, you will learn how to release :tiphat: hurt feelings. :D
Nice review. I think that I should read this one. Thanks. :tiphat:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”