Review by bet22 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bet22
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bet22.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by bet22 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by bet22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Ordinary Gurus I’ve Met is a nonfiction book written by Rob White. Rob White is an author, storyteller, motivational coach and philosopher. He is also in the real estate and restaurant business.

In the pursuit of our goals in life, we go through various circumstances and meet different people. In this book, the author shows us that the people in our lives can offer vital lessons that might enable us to achieve our goals. The book is aimed at people who intend to make a positive change in their lives, and in the lives of those around them; by looking at life’s challenges from a different perspective.

The book has 21 chapters. In each chapter, the author tells a story of a lesson he learned from a person in his life. He then goes on to show how he used that lesson to affect someone else in a positive way. At the beginning of each chapter, he states the myth that he believed in. At the end of the chapter, he states the reality that he discovered after applying the lesson to his life. The book consists of interesting stories, from his humble childhood to his ultimate goal of being successful in the real estate business.

The lesson that appealed to me most is the story of how the author left his teaching career after seventeen years, to pursue his dream of being an entrepreneur. By helping one of his students to improve her performance in class, by encouraging her to believe she was smart enough to attain good grades; he was able to reflect on his life which led him to take the leap of faith. The lesson on kindness that he learned from his aunt was also interesting. Years later he applied that lesson to save a colleague from getting fired.

The author is an excellent storyteller. Through the stories, he demonstrates that the lessons are applicable. He shows that the people that have the greatest impact on our lives are the people we interact with every day, and, if we pay close attention we can learn a lot from them.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The stories are interesting and full of great lessons. I would recommend this book to anyone who is facing challenges in pursuit of a goal and needs some motivation and advice.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bet22's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review - I am reading this book at the moment and have similar thoughts to yours about the book. The stories are very nice and stick with you. I love the story about his Aunt, what about you?
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks. I did appreciate many of the stories and the ordinary guru concept. I had some problems with the author's inability to really grasp his own lessons. Check out my review if you like. Thanks.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Lavendermysts2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Lavendermysts2 »

Thank you for your insight. Your review has increased my interest in this book and I am looking forward to reading it.
kwizera patrick
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kwizera patrick »

Your review has increased my interest in this book and I am looking forward to reading it.
Devabonifire63
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Devabonifire63 »

Thanks for the information I look forward to reading this book.
Vivianruona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vivianruona »

I can't wait to start reading this amazing book.......I always love reading books thanks for the review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”