Review by Njige Lydia -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njige Lydia
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njige-lydia.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by Njige Lydia -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Njige Lydia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Throughout life we encounter people, we witness events or we go through some experience. Sometimes we learn from these encounters but quite often we let the lesson pass us by and file the moment as inconsequential. How different, how wonderful our lives would be if we took the time to ponder over the things, the people and the occurrences that life brings our way. Bob White brings us back to awareness through his book – And Then I Met Margaret.

In And Then I Met Margaret, Bob White has written twenty one stories. Each story shares with us an experience that he had and its impact in his life. The stories can be read individually and inspire the reader to take action but read collectively they will also teach us how to take that action. Bob White writes like the teacher he is, teaching the most profound lesson , that is, that life teaches its own lessons if we are willing to learn them.

Being a nonfiction book the characters in And Then I Met Margaret do not play a part they live a part because that part is their life. Aunt Theresa and uncle Fred represent the family members whose actions shape us from early life, the maasai woman who does not waver even in the face of danger epitomizes purposefulness in any task no matter how hard but Margaret in her innocence takes us back to viewing our lives not only differently but also in the most basic perspective possible. There are many others all depicting a different aspect of life but beautifully intertwined to make and then I met Margaret a motivating book.

And then I met Margaret is a unique book, as a motivational book it takes the reader to a new realm of awareness. It awakens the desire to succeed in all of us. While most motivational books write about gurus, famous people or people who are at the top of their sphere Bob white writes about every day people, just your ordinary neighbor. This way he shows you how you can learn to succeed.

I like the simplicity of And Then I Met Margaret. Bob white teaches every lesson the way he learnt it, how he applied it and how he shared it with others who also succeeded in their endeavors. It’s because of this that I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to all readers. To everyone I would say “just meet Margaret”.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Njige Lydia's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Your opening comments are quite interesting. You're right, we probably have met many gurus already without even knowing it! Glad you enjoyed the book, very inspiring. Thanks.
Njige Lydia
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njige-lydia.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Njige Lydia »

Thanks kdstrack, when I look back I see gurus I should have seen long ago but whose lessons am just learning now.
Above1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Above1 »

Life they say is a teacher. Then I met Magaret is a pointer to the reality of human existence. I love the write up. Keep it up.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”