Official Review: The Devil's Astronaut by Noah Bond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Official Review: The Devil's Astronaut by Noah Bond

Post by Momlovesbooks »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Devil's Astronaut" by Noah Bond.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Devil's Astronaut, by Noah Bond, is a fictional novel with science fiction elements woven throughout. This is a creative, intriguing book that kept me interested until the very end.

Professor Glen Winfield comes across some strange information while doing research for the Kennedy Space Center. He finds unusual data buried in the Apollo archives that leads him to seek the help of a current astronaut, Rachel MacPherson. While investigating, he finds documentation that makes him believe a top secret moon project was initiated decades earlier. Rachel's father was the director of the project. He died under mysterious circumstances and left behind his widow, who is determined to help Glen find the answers to his questions. The team of three is assisted by a group of Russian scientists who also believe Glen's theory that a base was established on the moon, but contact was lost.

While on this journey to prove the secret mission existed, a third player enters the picture and puts Rachel's life and the future of mankind in danger. Glen must do everything in his power to save the woman he loves from the role she plays in these devastating events.

When I started reading this book, I had a pre-conceived idea of where it was going. However, I was wrong! The plot was unique and had enough twists and turns to keep me thoroughly engaged.

The main characters were well-developed and entertaining. The professor, Glen, and the astronaut, Rachel, had humorous verbal exchanges. Rachel's mother, Lauren, was a funny character also. She had a unique, open relationship with Rachel. I enjoyed reading about her interactions with Rachel and Glen. The secondary characters helped to move the story along and add an extra layer to the main characters.

One of the most interesting aspects of the story was the variety of settings. Those settings included Florida, Mexico and the moon. Each location was vastly different and described appropriately.

The author's writing style was smooth and easy to follow. I enjoyed the mysterious chain of events that led to a surprising conclusion. The book appears to be professionally edited, with only a few minor errors that did not detract from the story.

Based on my above observations, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I don't feel that the minor grammatical errors call for a drop to 3 stars. I think fans of suspense and science fiction will enjoy this novel. It is suitable for all ages. There are no graphic scenes or explicit sex. The ending left it to where there could be a sequel. I look forward to reading other books by this author.

The Devil's Astronaut
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The plot seem good, I think it will get better after checking it out. The role that each person play seem to have crucial importance for the success of the story. I believe it is better if we work to find out. Thanks!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Oooh! This one sounds really good. I'm curious what the top secret moon project was about and what he finds out. Thanks for the glowing review. I'll have to see about adding this one to my list! Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The title got me interested. From your description, I can see a sequel coming through. How a mission to the moon was kept a secret is suspense enough.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Cherylrsh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cherylrsh »

Thank you for your review, it has certainly peaked my interest in "The Devil's Astronaut". I will try to make time to delve between the pages.
Itskashif
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Itskashif »

Its good
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

This sounds like a good science fiction read—I’m curious about where the plot goes because like you, I have a preconceived notion of where it will go!
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

Engrossing read for those who are interested in astrology...Awesome review!
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A science fiction revolving around a conspiracy, secret moon base, and murders sounds exciting. An unique plot, twists, and diverse setting make for an good read. That there are no graphic scenes or explicit sex is a plus. That the book was well edited and well written is another plus. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

The interesting plot and well-developed characters appeal to me. Thanks for the recommendation. Great review!
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

The story seems interesting and it involves astronauts! I am definitely interested in that aspect. However, I might not be able to read this book because of the trope where two people investigating a mystery always fall in love with each other. I have read so many books with this trope that I instinctively avoid books with such a premise.
Hope_Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hope-queen.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hope_Queen »

Definitely new topic ,Looks really interesting ,i will surely wanna read it .Moon expedition and controversies around it has always been topic on discussion ,It will be certainly a intriguing read
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Although science fiction is not my preferred genre, but this book sounds exciting with an interesting plot and well-developed characters. Thanks for the lovely review.
Last edited by Ruba Abu Ali on 10 Sep 2018, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Suspected foul play and suspicious circumstances regarding her fathers death and a secret moon mission. I can't wait to see how this story unfolds and to get to know these characters.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Your review suggest that the plot in this book is unpredictable and unique and that is set in California, Mexico and on moon, which sound quite interesting. In addition to this about the quality of writing is seems good, and therefore i think i should try to read this book soon.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”