Review by Rosemary Wright -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Review by Rosemary Wright -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Those who feel grateful and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest.” That's one of the quotes from the book, And Then I Met Margaret. This nonfictional, inspirational, and motivational title written by Rob White, reveals the myths he believed, and the realities he later discovered. Mr. White, the focal character of the book, was born and raised in a small mill town where traditional norms hampered a lot of people from excitement and prosperity. While he grew up, he came across some people, “unexpected gurus,” who affected him positively with their extraordinary attitudes and words, thereby changing his values and perspectives on life. Consequently, he broke free from the bondage of tradition, attended college, became a school teacher, and later became a successful estate entrepreneur and restaurateur.

This publication consists of short chapters that unveil life-transforming stories that were written in the first-person point of view. Every chapter has a new experience to learn from, and the stories are unique, coherent, interesting, and amusing. A lot of themes, such as kindness, self-discovery, compassion, positive thinking, fear of failure, managing personal finance, overcoming mental barriers, making the right decisions, and generosity were explored in this self-improvement guide. And Then I Met Margaret is unlike the usual, self-help books, which outline steps to be taken to achieve life success. To show the right principles and attitudes necessary to have a fulfilling life, the author exploited his remarkable experiences.

What is more, I love the sections of the stories that exhibit how Mr. White influenced some people he met, too, with the knowledge he gained from his experiences. Inasmuch as he was eager to learn, he was willing to teach others. I benefited a lot from this book. The author's experiences taught me that knowledge applied, yields results. In addition, I realized that If one doesn’t heed advice, it will be meaningless to him. These lessons presented by Mr. White are not only for career success but also for personality development. The book highlights the rewards of humility, integrity, honesty, patience, and endurance.

One of the fantastic morals in this book that as well intrigued me is the truth that every good act performed, is a seed sown, and you shall have a good harvest afterward. In chapter ten, Mr. White, while he was a school teacher, inspired a female student, and after she exhibited the right attitudes and worked hard, she was accepted into a prestigious high school and was also awarded a scholarship. From this incident, Mr. White learned that with determination and knowing what you want, you can be free from monotony. He was inspired to leave teaching, and he then started his own business. Although I found some typos and grammatical errors while reading, they didn’t deter my reading flow or affect the book's integrity.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, notwithstanding the aforementioned errors, and I gladly recommend it for anyone on the pathway to success that needs a guide and for those folks experiencing challenges in various areas of their lives.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Than I Met Margaret is beautiful motivational book of Rob White. I like your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

Sarah Tariq wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 12:50 Than I Met Margaret is beautiful motivational book of Rob White. I like your review.
Sarah Tariq - Yes, it is! I'm pleased to know you like my review. Thanks. See you around.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Very nice review. You highlighted the motivational techniques used to help others - especially the idea of passing it along to help others. I also enjoyed your opening comment because that shows you are putting White's suggestions into practice! Great job. Thanks.
QueenV
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by QueenV »

Not a bad review. It is shown that White has been an ordinary man with ordinary wants and needs without the way of love. Inspiring is the name of this book and your review shows that you grapsed the events and knowledge to pass on to others that need the motivation in a broken down version. Great explaining and understanding.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

QueenV wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 09:49 Not a bad review. It is shown that White has been an ordinary man with ordinary wants and needs without the way of love. Inspiring is the name of this book and your review shows that you grapsed the events and knowledge to pass on to others that need the motivation in a broken down version. Great explaining and understanding.

It's truly an inspiring guide. Thanks for reading my review and your encouraging comment. :tiphat:
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

I loved this book. I am glad we share the same opinion. Thanks for your nicely written review
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

Hildah Mose wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 04:42 I loved this book. I am glad we share the same opinion. Thanks for your nicely written review
Yeah, it's a great book. You're welcome Hilda. :tiphat:
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Great review! I liked the point you made about White being as willing to teach as he was to learn. Nicely done. :)
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

BookishCreature wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 13:35 Great review! I liked the point you made about White being as willing to teach as he was to learn. Nicely done. :)
Thanks. I'm glad you read my book review and liked it.
BellAJoEb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajoeb.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by BellAJoEb »

Wonderful review here ! I like the part of your review where you mentioned the author's experiences which taught you that knowledge applied, yields results. In my own opinion, the acquisition of same, is not what is paramount here, but one must go a step further to applying it.

Thank you!
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

BellAJoEb wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 03:36 Wonderful review here ! I like the part of your review where you mentioned the author's experiences which taught you that knowledge applied, yields results. In my own opinion, the acquisition of same, is not what is paramount here, but one must go a step further to applying it.

Thank you!
You're welcome, BellAJoEb. I agree with you. Thanks for your comment 😊.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I have to read this!!! Very inspirational and the review was fantastic . Thank you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”