Review by blanchard7789 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
blanchard7789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blanchard7789.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by blanchard7789 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by blanchard7789 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Ordinary Gurus I've Met. Rob White. Mind Adventure Press.
Boston, MA. 2013.

Have you met your Margaret? I bet you have, but you just haven't realized it yet. And Then I Met Margaret helped me come to the realization about whether or not I had met my Margaret. The meaning of this book truly touched me. The theme of the book is about Rob White seeking to find his inner peace and true happiness. Rob travels throughout the world to find these amazing “great thinkers” (gurus) to give him advice from all aspects of life. Rob learns many things through these meetings that help him unlock the true key to essential greatness that lies ahead for him. “I met at least a dozen other great thinkers who all pointed to the fact that there is a wondrous, creative power at the center of each of us, and that most of us accomplish only a fraction of what we're capable of achieving.” Rob grows up poor and soon comes to realize “success is possible but not probable”, which inspires him to better himself. He soon becomes a business man who is prosperous and to others seems like he has everything but is unfilled on the inside. Rob continues through life as a school teacher going on to pay forward his knowledge that he has learned along the way, continuously meeting and realizing past gurus.

The way the stories are written inspires and motivates the reader. This book inspired me. It helped me see when hardships arise no matter how big or small they are I can find a way through them. These hardships teach lessons and what you make of those lessons could affect the choices you make in life. Each chapter starts with a myth that the author believed and ends with the reality he has discovered. I think this was a strong way to organize the chapters. With the chapters beginning and ending this way it showed me just how much people follow the trends of others to fit in when in reality if you are open, honest, and a loving person you can achieve your goals. Rob encouraged me to embrace life and the people I meet. Each person has a purpose and that persons purpose may be to guide you and in return you could pass that on and guide someone else.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. And Then I Met Margaret went above and beyond my expectations of an non-fiction book. This rating to me states that numerous people should read this book and also recommend this book to anyone they know. I believe this book will inspire and help many people get through hard times that they may be going through. This book can inspire those who are in a good place in their lives and I believe it is a good pick me up book. It was unique and memorable to me. It really has opened my eyes to the world. I describe this book as this because of how much it is a true eye opener. The book was an easy read and had a great flow which made me not want to put it down. I agree that there are people out there that will help guide us in the right direction to achieve everything we are destined to do. Rob really pulled me into his life with each of his stories. I felt like I was apart of his childhood and living it myself.

I loved this book because the authors scenarios seemed so realistic and practical to me. This book could change many peoples lives if people could slow down their busy lives and take in the great thinkers they meet each and every day. The only thing that I didn't like about the book was the way it ended. The ending seemed to be cut short in a sense. Throughout the book, each chapter just went so well together chapter after chapter until the last. In the last chapter there was no wrapping up the story, it just ends, which was a disappoint for me. What I liked most about the book was that it was very down to earth and understandable. The gurus in each chapter made me stop and think just how real theses gurus come and go in everyones lives. On another note, I didn't like the length of the book. I personally could have read on and on. This book never became boring and always had me wanting to read more.

Among the millions of people living on this planet, I believe we will each meet some influential teachers or gurus as Rob White describes them in our life's journey. This is a good book for anyone who is looking for an artistic read and help with guidance through their life. High school and college students should read this book because they are early beginners and could use the guidance, but I think this book is for any reader as well. The authors goal is to try to make people aware of lessons they may or may not have learned in there lives. And Then I Met Margaret shows that even the most unlikely “self helper” can guide you in the right direction. I hope this book gives proper guidance to any and all who read this wonderful book.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like blanchard7789's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. Looks like the author made a believer out of you! Your last paragraph reflects what he was saying in the book, even the most unlikely person could be a guru. Good job.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I liked reading your review. Very thorough. Sounds like you were really inspired. I hope that's how people will find the book. I didn't like it all that much, but appreciated many aspects of it, including the writing style, the book's format, and some of the stories. Check out my review if you like. Thanks.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
blanchard7789
Currently Reading:

Post by blanchard7789 »

Thanks you guys. Yalls thoughts made me feel great.
Aprilhova+7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aprilhova+7 »

Reading this review has inspired me already .... Am new here and don't really know how to get access to the books and read them.. Will be glad if someone can really help me out.... Thank you
blanchard7789
Currently Reading:

Post by blanchard7789 »

I am very thankful for you reaching out to me to say that my review inspired you, it's heartwarming. I've had to play around with different things to be able to access free books. Sorry I don't think I could help you navigate the website very much, I also am trying to learn what to do.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”