Review by rjthegreat92 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rjthegreat92
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjthegreat92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by rjthegreat92 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by rjthegreat92 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret by Rob white is a delightful book full of true stories. Real life stories, like they actually happened stories. The author takes the reader on a journey, not any journey, but the authors’ journey.

Rob White tells the readers about his life and about how he came to be what he is today. He tells us this through theses true life events and gurus he has met. Each chapter is a new person, a new experience that teaches Rob, the author, something. He is taught something he would not normally think of.

Good and bad? This book was really entertaining and fun to read. There were so many good qualities of the book that I could go on and on explaining each one. However we do not have time for that, so I picked my favorite parts of this book. One of the great aspects was how the author explained the book in the beginning. The author described why the book was titled And Then I Met Margaret. The author gave some back-story that helped the book along and he asked are you ready. Another thing the author did was told of his youth and upbringing which not only made him more relatable but helped with introducing his gurus. I also like the incorporation of the myth I believed and the reality I discovered.

The not so good aspects, bad or negative qualities of the book are not that much. In the beginning the author was explaining the different seminars and conventions he went to. Some he explained, others he just had the initials or abbreviations. I felt that he should have explained these like he did the others. For example he talked about EST and NLP, and I do not know what that is. Another minor issue I had was the title of the book. At first glance is looks like a romance novel. Although he did explain why, the chapter he meets this guru was short and not as detailed as the others. Other than that this book was a great read.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This motivational book was great to read and had some inspirational moments. The good out weighed the bad, therefore it gets 4 stars. There were only two mistakes I could find and they were not that big. Other than that it was a wonderful book and I recommend others to read it.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rjthegreat92's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I liked reading your review. It sounds like you really enjoyed the book. I didn't love it but did appreciate many aspects of it. Check out my review if you like. viewtopic.php?f=114&t=54038
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Interesting that you should say that you thought the story would be a romance. Many others have made the same comment. Glad you enjoyed the story of Rob's experiences. Thanks.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Amazing Review. And Then I Met Margaret is a collection of short stories which consists of spiritual guidance or inspirational lessons. Every day a new opportunity lets you learn something that you can apply and improve yourself as a person. Thank you
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

Thank you for your review. I would have judged it a romance as well, and I don't care much for romance novels, but after reading your review, I realize this might be something I would enjoy. I will probably give it a try.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”