Official Review: God is Alive and Well

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: God is Alive and Well

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God is Alive and Well" by Dr. Robert W. Walker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

God is Alive and Well is an encouraging and enlightening book written by Dr. Robert W. Walker.

The book, which has twenty six relatively short chapters, introduces the readers to a ‘totally new understanding of who God is and who we are in relation to Him/Her.’ The author presents his personal opinion and theories about the burning bush in the story of Moses, the temptation of Christ by Satan and why God created us differently from one another. Moreover, the book presents the concept of quantum energy which the author believes to be the God-energy that created the universe and everything in it through exquisite design.

Furthermore, the author expounds on what being ‘born again’ or ‘spiritually awakened’ really means. He goes on to explain that we, actually, have four bodies: our physical body controls our five senses, our emotional body is connected to our heart and right brain functions which control our love centers, our mental body refers to our belief system based on our family teachings, education, peers and culture, and our spirit/soul is the piece of God’s spirit in us. Imbalanced energy from these bodies impacts our health and wellness.

In addition, the book offers simple explanation of the ten commandments of God given to Moses in the book of Exodus, and reconciles the description of a totally judgmental and vindictive God in the Old Testament as opposed to the God of pure love in the New Testament. He also shows how God wants to communicate with us and that He wants us to have a spiritual connection with Him so that we could live in light, love and wisdom. Finally, the author shares some of his personal experiences in spiritual awakening, spiritual healing and betrayal.

Needless to say, this is one informative, enlightening and inspiring book. I like the book’s impartiality especially with regards to sexuality. The author refers to God as Father/Mother and Him/Her, which shows that his faith goes beyond gender issues. My favorite part is that particular chapter that recounts the author’s personal experience where he was placed in the position to pass judgment on an individual because of sexual orientation.

However, this is not an easy read. This is not one of those books that can be read and enjoyed while waiting at the train station nor is it one of those feel-good books that can be read while waiting for a friend at a coffee shop. This is a serious, well-written and well-researched book that offers important advice on how to establish a spiritual connection with God. Moreover, some of the explanations may sound too technical for other readers. Finally, there are errors within the entire book including misspelled word, missing apostrophe and faulty parallelism, which are thankfully very few.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is well-written, well-researched, well-referenced, informative, enlightening, inspiring and encouraging. I recommend it to believers and non-believers alike. I recommend it to believers, especially Christians, that they might learn how to establish a spiritual connection with God and to non-believers that they might learn about a very interesting concept to contemplate on.

God is Alive and Well
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thank you so much for the informative review. This is a book I'd like to read when I get time. It piqued my interest as a non-believer, partly because it addresses some of the things that turn me off about Christianity, such as the attitudes to sexuality and the vengeful god of the Old Testament. I am also intrigued because it clearly addresses what I think is at the heart of all religions - the stimulus to be and do the best that humans are capable of.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
mrbukuen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Rocky</a>
Currently Reading: Death on Demand
Bookshelf Size: 117

Post by mrbukuen »

I can't afford to miss this book... cos the review as give my heart a heavy beating.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

I hope one day this book is in my list of "Want to Read." Even spend my time to double read it because I want to make sure that every page of this book will sink my mind in. I really believe that God wants to communicate with us. He uses every form such as this book to do it. I appreciate your reviews. Thank you!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This definitely sounds like one that you need to sit and stew with for a while! I appreciate the great information. It sounds like one that I would enjoy delving into.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 03:59 Thank you so much for the informative review. This is a book I'd like to read when I get time. It piqued my interest as a non-believer, partly because it addresses some of the things that turn me off about Christianity, such as the attitudes to sexuality and the vengeful god of the Old Testament. I am also intrigued because it clearly addresses what I think is at the heart of all religions - the stimulus to be and do the best that humans are capable of.
Thank you. I hope you get a chance to read it.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

mrbukuen wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 04:39 I can't afford to miss this book... cos the review as give my heart a heavy beating.
Thank you.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

BookHausJ wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 08:21 I hope one day this book is in my list of "Want to Read." Even spend my time to double read it because I want to make sure that every page of this book will sink my mind in. I really believe that God wants to communicate with us. He uses every form such as this book to do it. I appreciate your reviews. Thank you!
Thank you very much. I'm sure you'll love this book.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

kandscreeley wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 08:35 This definitely sounds like one that you need to sit and stew with for a while! I appreciate the great information. It sounds like one that I would enjoy delving into.
Thank you. I hope you get the chance to read it.
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

I was initially drawn to the review by the title of the book, which I originally thought was meant ironically. Despite the apparent open-mindedness of the author, I'm not sure I want to read this book, despite a fascination in the topic. Christianity is but one religion; there are monotheistic religions out there whose stories interest me, and I think any book dealing about God should talk about them.
simplegesan
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by simplegesan »

How adorable story if its about God.God be the Glory..
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

simplegesan wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 20:38 How adorable story if its about God.God be the Glory..
It sure is. Thank you for the comment and welcome to the forum.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Kieran_Obrien wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 12:41 I was initially drawn to the review by the title of the book, which I originally thought was meant ironically. Despite the apparent open-mindedness of the author, I'm not sure I want to read this book, despite a fascination in the topic. Christianity is but one religion; there are monotheistic religions out there whose stories interest me, and I think any book dealing about God should talk about them.
That was very honest. Thank you and welcome to the forum.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This is one book on Theology. Although the views presented might be philosophical, rather than theological, it could not escape being evangelical. Thank you for your informative review.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Roggyrus wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 02:28 This is one book on Theology. Although the views presented might be philosophical, rather than theological, it could not escape being evangelical. Thank you for your informative review.
Thank you. It's a great book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”