Review by Sincerely -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sincerely
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sincerely.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Sincerely -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Sincerely »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And then i met margret by Rob White is a motivational book based on true life events of the author, who aims to inspire the reader.The author takes us on a journey from being just a mill town kid to successfully being a real estate developer and restraurateur.

Rob White narrates on his life journey from a mill town kid destined to work in a local factory to a teaching career in a major city to being a highly successful real estate developer and restarauteur.His journey just like any other, does have challenges, major setbacks but from every setback he learns a lesson from it and rises to be even better than before.While navigativating through life, he met 'unexpected gurus' who inspired him to reach for his goals and aspirations and are the main subject for the book.Each chapter in the book,gives the story of how he met that guru and what he learns from him or her.These gurus changed his way of life, his thinking, his perception on different things but most importantly taught him life lessons that helped him become what he is today.

The book is named after Margaret, the author's most influential of the unexpected gurus in his life.The author met Margaret when her class visited his restaurant.By posing a question to Rob, Margaret upset his mental applecart and helped him to see things in a clearer way, that the world does not just revolve around him.

There are also other gurus who he has discussed in the book and who made a big impact in his life.His aunt for example, she truly depicts what it means to be sincere in our actions and putting others interest first before your own,it is deserving to call her the queen of hearts.The maasai mother is another guru i felt was really remarkable because from her we learn that when we are willing to go beyond ourselves there is no limit in what we can do.These are just two of the many other gurus in the book.

Being a motivational book, there are many lessons to learn from each chapter.The author challanges us to look at life through the lens of transformational oppurtinities.Through Rob's experiences, we learn to never give up, this is mostly emphasized in the story where he lost a fortune because of an earthquake, nevertheless he went back to invest in his business.

It was my pleasure to read this book, it was very informative, motivating and also fun.The only negative thing is the spelling errors but this did not take away the concentration from reading as it was a minor detail.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.I felt it deserved nothing less as it was well written and professionally edited.I recommend it to the general public hoping it will leave you inspired and motivated as much as i was.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sincerely's review? Post a comment saying so!
steven ochieng
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by steven ochieng »

I love your review because it helped me get a rough idea about the boook.
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

Thanks for you comment😄
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

"The author challanges us to look at life through the lens of transformational oppurtinities." Great line! This book was pretty polarizing on the forums, but I think that lesson is something that everyone can take away from the book, regardless of what they thought about its author. Great review!
Pebliz
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Pebliz »

The author gave an important way to balance our personal selves in relation to developing the stability of others than relying on oneself
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

BookishCreature wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 12:48 "The author challanges us to look at life through the lens of transformational oppurtinities." Great line! This book was pretty polarizing on the forums, but I think that lesson is something that everyone can take away from the book, regardless of what they thought about its author. Great review!
I agree, there's a lesson at the end.
Thanks for your positive feedback😄
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

Pebliz wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 18:24 The author gave an important way to balance our personal selves in relation to developing the stability of others than relying on oneself
Very true, we need other people's support to succeed in life.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Sincerely wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 14:08
Being a motivational book, there are many lessons to learn from each chapter.The author challanges us to look at life through the lens of transformational oppurtinities.Through Rob's experiences, we learn to never give up, this is mostly emphasized in the story where he lost a fortune because of an earthquake, nevertheless he went back to invest in his business.
I really appreciate your thorough review of this book. Rob definitely developed a real can-do spirit through the chapters. The earthquake story was really compelling. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, though I did appreciate the writing style and many of the stories. And, I love your review. Thank you. My review was just published. I hope you will check it out. Thanks.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

Eva Darrington wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 17:49
Sincerely wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 14:08
I really appreciate your thorough review of this book. Rob definitely developed a real can-do spirit through the chapters. The earthquake story was really compelling. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, though I did appreciate the writing style and many of the stories. And, I love your review. Thank you. My review was just published. I hope you will check it out. Thanks.
Am so humbled by your comment, thank you.
I surely will check out your review.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

Thanks for your wonderful review. I agree with the author that we are surrounded by gurus, and it is only up to us to find them, or rather, to discern what is it that they are trying to imply. Even from nature, as we look around, we can pick up some lessons. From the waves on the shore, for instance, we could learn perseverance. No matter how solid are the rocks on its way, these would break up from the continuous lashing of the water. And many more unassuming gurus will we find if we know how to find them.
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

I agree, we are surrounded by gurus in our lives we just have to look deeper and learn from them.Thanks for your positive comment.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thanks for a great review, which gave me a clear overall impression of the book, and of how motivating it is. I am particularly impressed by how the author managed to pick up and start again after losing heavily - that's a lesson to us all. His acknowledgement of those unexpected gurus is a nice touch.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 06:02 Thanks for a great review, which gave me a clear overall impression of the book, and of how motivating it is. I am particularly impressed by how the author managed to pick up and start again after losing heavily - that's a lesson to us all. His acknowledgement of those unexpected gurus is a nice touch.
Absolutely true, you cann't help but feel encouraged by the author's life lessons.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Nice review. You give an encouraging synopsis of the book. You point out determination as a defining factor in the author's attitude. Great job. Thanks.
Sincerely
Currently Reading:

Post by Sincerely »

kdstrack wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 06:00 Nice review. You give an encouraging synopsis of the book. You point out determination as a defining factor in the author's attitude. Great job. Thanks.
Thanks for positive feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”