Review by djordjesvonja -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
djordjesvonja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djordjesvonja.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by djordjesvonja -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by djordjesvonja »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret - by Rob White

This is a beautiful and very interesting non-fictional book about important life lessons that the writer tells us through the events that he experienced. The book begins from the time when the writer was a boy. The last chapter is when he is an old man. The book have 188 pages with 21 chapters. It is very neat and transparent, with just few minor grammatical errors.

The writer Rob White explains in the book, how he learned the most important things in his life through the various events. At the beginning of each chapter is a myth in which the writer believed. Than some events happened and he describes how his life changed after that and he started to believe otherwise. These events started since he was a boy, when his aunt learned him the first life lesson, to his old-age, when he learned, from the youngest of his gurus in the book, maybe the most important lesson of his life.

When I read the title of the book, I was not attracted with it because I thought this is a love book and love books are not my favourite genre. When I read the first page, I realized that I was wrong and I kept reading. Later, I couldn’t stop myself, the book was more interesting with every chapter. I was in most of this situations and I start to ask myself, what it could be if I acted differently. The stories are very interesting, with lots of action and no annoying and unnecessary descriptions. I start to read a chapter with a myth and I can’t wait till end to see what is going to happen.

I especially liked a describe of important life lessons about the honesty, several of God's commandments, the persistence and in my opinion a most important thing, about believing in yourself. I also like the fact that the writer, most of the things he learned from these situations, immediately passed to someone else and helped him in the same situation. There should be more people like he is. My favorite chapter is chapter 11th, which describe how the writer learned on the hard way that people should not be greedy.

There are no many things that I not liked. The only thing I can remember is that some of the chapters are less interesting than others, but this is normal and varies from person to person. One of this lesser interesting chapters is chapter 17th where I can’t recognize the writer's behavior, like the man from this chapter is not a man from the rest of the book (like that someone else wrote this chapter). But there is no boring story, and most importantly, each carries a very important message.

I review the book with 4 out of 4 stars. I really liked a way the writer transferred his experience to us, without much philosophy. When the man, full of life experience, want to share it with others, I think that we really need to listen him carefully. A magnificent book and I recommend it to everyone.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like djordjesvonja's review? Post a comment saying so!
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Plot seems appealing. And your review depicts it very well .
Moreover, I find title 'And Then I Met Margaret' quite attractive.
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

djordjesvonja wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 14:32 There are no many things that I not liked. The only thing I can remember is that some of the chapters are less interesting than others, but this is normal and varies from person to person. One of this lesser interesting chapters is chapter 17th where I can’t recognize the writer's behavior, like the man from this chapter is not a man from the rest of the book (like that someone else wrote this chapter). But there is no boring story, and most importantly, each carries a very important message.

I review the book with 4 out of 4 stars. I really liked a way the writer transferred his experience to us, without much philosophy. When the man, full of life experience, want to share it with others, I think that we really need to listen him carefully. A magnificent book and I recommend it to everyone.
I enjoyed reading your review. I appreciated some of the same things you did about the book. I felt it was organized well and was inspirational in places. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, because I felt the author was unable to take his own advice in some cases. I don't recall what chapter 17 is, but there were many times when I wondered if the formula was a little bit contrived. Please check out my review as well. onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html. Thank you!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
djordjesvonja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djordjesvonja.html

Post by djordjesvonja »

Thanks Eva for comment, i love the honesty of author, that is why i liked the book so much.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It's funny how this book surprised you. Instead of a romance you got inspiration! Thanks for your review.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

Thanks for the review. I was also really inspired by him. And loved his sense of humor.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”