Review by GathuaM -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GathuaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathuam.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Review by GathuaM -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by GathuaM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And then I met Margaret is a non-fiction book that contains numerous inspirational stories that helped the author appreciate that wisdom can come any source if you seek hard enough, or care to listen. The author has carefully enjoined these life lessons with his own personal journey to become a successful entrepreneur.

The book's title does not give out much of what lays inside, but once the reader turns the first page, their attention is caught. This was the first thing that impressed me about the book. As I got to read the book, I could not help but marvel at how the author uses the adage 'Do not judge a book by its cover' quite literally. The stories in the book have been written in a way that they fit perfectly with Rob's journey from a small village boy with no dreams, to a successful entrepreneur with no boundaries. The author was able to use many phrases that we use as excuses in our lives, to explain how we are our own masters and nothing should stop us should we set our mind.

And then I met Margaret is a book that is well authored. The main lesson I was able to grasp from the book was; wisdom or great advice does not have to come from self-made gurus, but from anyone around us if we care to listen hard enough and understand. The interesting thing about the author was that for every piece of advice he got, he was able to later on pass it to someone else who got to change their lives. Knowledge is best served when passed on to others, otherwise the holder tends to accumulate more and more knowledge without actually benefiting from it.

The book would be beneficial to anyone who seeks to understand how their life is, their purpose, or the right path to take. It is very interesting to see that though the author has interacted with many self-help gurus, the stories that made it to his book, were those from ordinary people who may not have any followers besides their family members. The book emphasizes the essence of dreaming big. Not letting societal norms hinder you from realizing your true self and worth. A quote that I will truly cherish from the book is: "Do I dare to dream? To be nobody but myself in a world that does everything it can to make me like everyone else;is the hardest battle any human can fight."

I rate And then I met Margaret 4 out of 4 stars. The book is well edited and has no grammatical errors. The book was very intriguing and got my attention from the first page to the last page. The stories in the book give meaning to the title and would make one keep the book in their bookshelves for a very long time.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading books that add value to their lives.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like GathuaM's review? Post a comment saying so!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

GathuaM wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 08:13 And then I met Margaret is a book that is well authored. The main lesson I was able to grasp from the book was; wisdom or great advice does not have to come from self-made gurus, but from anyone around us if we care to listen hard enough and understand. The interesting thing about the author was that for every piece of advice he got, he was able to later on pass it to someone else who got to change their lives. Knowledge is best served when passed on to others, otherwise the holder tends to accumulate more and more knowledge without actually benefiting from it.
Thanks for the great review. Very thorough and thoughtful. The book definitely communicates that gurus come in all sorts of unlikely forms. And, he lets us know the importance of passing on the wisdom we have gleaned from others. I felt he missed the mark on a few things, but appreciated many aspects of the book. Please take a look at my review as well. viewtopic.php?f=114&t=54038 Thanks!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Great review! I like the quote you picked out - that's such a nice sentiment.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

So glad you enjoyed the book. The lesson that we can learn from people around us and then once having that wisdom can pass it on to others is helpful. Thanks for a great review.
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

BookishCreature wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 16:00 Great review! I like the quote you picked out - that's such a nice sentiment.
Thanks a lot
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

kdstrack wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 19:51 So glad you enjoyed the book. The lesson that we can learn from people around us and then once having that wisdom can pass it on to others is helpful. Thanks for a great review.
Thanks for reading the review. True essence of life is to help others because through that you are able to grow.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

plot seems appealing to me . I would like to read this novel.
admirable review!!
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 01:24 plot seems appealing to me . I would like to read this novel.
admirable review!!
Hey thanks for reading my review. Do get a copy of the book and read for yourself. You will be able to appreciate the book or even learn a thing or two. Tastes are different.....but it was a good book for me that I really enjoyed.
Please send me links to your reviews so that I can read them

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”