Review by BoyLazy -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by BoyLazy -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by BoyLazy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway by Alex Fayman is the first book of a trilogy. This book belongs to the science fiction genre. I would say that the author has done a good job is his first novel. I have read the book after seeing its video preview on internet. I was impressed by seeing such a promotional campaign for a book.

18-year-old Alex Fine accidentally finds out that he has a superpower. He can enter the internet and go to any computer and change the data present in it. In other words, we can say that he is more like a hacker. The additional special power is that he can travel through the internet. He takes the term "surfing the net" to a whole new level. The idea of having this power in itself is interesting to young adults. We can think of a million things to do, like viewing national secrets, having a look at private pictures of our crush, etc. Alex decides to make good use of his powers. He becomes a modern-day Robin Hood by moving money from bank accounts of the dishonest rich to people who are in need of money.

In some parts of the book, we feel like the author does not realize that some businessmen and agencies also have data on books and physical form than just online data. This logic has to be ignored if you want to enjoy reading this book. The action scenes are nice and well-written. Including places like Russia, Amsterdam, and Miami Beach has added more excitement to the story. This novel has the potential of being made into a hit thriller movie.

The author has also added some romance to the plot. Alex interacts with 3 women who impress him. One from his school days, second girl that he meets in one of his travel through the internet and third one is the love of his life. He struggles with his love life as times change and his actions lead him into trouble. Relationships are shown in a realistic way and are relatable.

I am into technology and was able to find some flaws in the technical aspects which I have mentioned earlier. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of this reason. I would highly recommend this one to readers who like smart and realistic science fiction thrillers. Not recommended for kids, as it has a few sex scenes and drugs involved in the story. I am eager to read the sequel of this book.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BoyLazy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
ย 
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Stealing for a good cause is still stealing. This book has piqued my curiosity about internet travel. Will this be possible in the near future?
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Alex Fayman's Superhighway sounds interesting. I plan to this the book but the graphic nature of some scenes and drugs mentioned in this review bring hesitations. I enjoyed your review, BoyLazy!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Dolor wrote: โ†‘16 Dec 2017, 14:27 Stealing for a good cause is still stealing. This book has piqued my curiosity about internet travel. Will this be possible in the near future?
Nobody can say for sure. According to me nothing is impossible.
Thanks for the comment ๐Ÿ™‚
Boy Lazy
ย 
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

KlareAllison wrote: โ†‘18 Dec 2017, 01:39 Alex Fayman's Superhighway sounds interesting. I plan to this the book but the graphic nature of some scenes and drugs mentioned in this review bring hesitations. I enjoyed your review, BoyLazy!
Read the sample and decide yourself ๐Ÿ˜Š
Boy Lazy
ย 
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Though I am not much interested in science fiction, but the story of this book seems interesting. Thanks for the wonderful and critical review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

Your introductory paragraph does a great job of summarizing the book. I love how you discussed the character's power abilities and how they will be applied. I must say this book sound very interesting from your review. It seems like it would be appreciated by young adults who are familiar with technology.
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Poornima
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by Poornima »

Great review.. I liked the summary of the story from your POV.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€