Review by Al Chakauya -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Review by Al Chakauya -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Al Chakauya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt a deep inner emptiness even after achieving great things in life? Do you feel that there is something wrong with your life even after fulfilling your dreams? Have you ever searched your soul, but sooner or later you discover that you are still lost? If your answer to any of the aforementioned questions is ‘yes’ –don’t worry, because And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation by Rob White has all the answers for you. It is a non-fiction book that answers the above and many other questions in a fascinating manner.

In, And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation, Rob White tells his story in an exhilarating and yet life-transforming way. He tells the reader of his humble background in a small poor town. He narrates how he defied all odds by redirecting his life path from being a poor kid destined to work in a local mill to becoming a schoolteacher in a large city. Rob tells the reader how he miraculously changed his lifestyle by going into business after quitting his teaching job. After fulfilling his dream of becoming wealthy, Rob still felt ‘empty’ inside. The author takes the reader on a journey of finding oneself by teaching powerful and insightful life lessons.

The book has twenty one short chapters which are clearly organised. Each chapter tells a different story in Rob’s life from since he was a five year old. Each story is warm, inspirational and intriguing too. What I like most is that each chapter has a story that demystifies the myths that exempts one from enjoying life to the fullest. The twenty one stories are unique and they each teach a different life lesson -making the book relatable to anyone from all walks of life. Each story reflects on the author’s encounter with an ordinary person who made a great impact on his life, and how he used the encounter to his best advantage. All of the fears Rob encountered throughout his life and entire career were nothing new, but the positive spin he adds to these encounters makes the book a great read.

Rob tells his stories in a casual manner, making the book a good read even to those who normally don’t enjoy reading non-fiction books. I also recommend the book to anyone who is bored with life in general. Those who are unhappy with their careers will also benefit a lot from this book. Students who are at cross-roads over their career paths will also benefit from reading this book. In fact, I can’t think of any single person who should not read this book.

Getting a life lesson from any random person you meet is no easy feat, but the author provides a unique and motivational way to do it. And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation is an intriguing, motivating and educative book. Because of its thought-provoking content, I award the book a score of 4 out of 4 stars. The entire work appears to be professionally edited. I did however encounter a few grammatical errors that can be overlooked.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Al Chakauya's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mwaona
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mwaona »

Well what a great review! I better read this book!
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Rob White's And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation sounds like a book I'd like to read, an autobiographical narrative. Good job on the review, Al Chakauya!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya »

Mwaona wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 04:20 Well what a great review! I better read this book!
Thanks Mwaona for stopping by. It's actually a great book which oozes with positivity and I recommend it anyone.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya »

KlareAllison wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 00:59 Rob White's And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation sounds like a book I'd like to read, an autobiographical narrative. Good job on the review, Al Chakauya!
Indeed KlareAllison, it's a great read which is transformational- the book title is overly distracting but once you start reading the book it's not easy putting it down. Thanks for stopping by.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I loved your review. If I hadn't already read it, I would read it because of your review.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya »

Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 14:20 I loved your review. If I hadn't already read it, I would read it because of your review.
Thank you very much for stopping by. It's a great book full of positivity, humour and emotion all entangled in a single read.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A life-educational story. I've read several reviews recommending this book. I'm glad you enjoy it to the fullest. Good starter questions, by the way!
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya »

Kalin Adi wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 12:48 A life-educational story. I've read several reviews recommending this book. I'm glad you enjoy it to the fullest. Good starter questions, by the way!
Thank you Kalin Adi for stopping by. This is a great memoir written in an overly interesting way. A lot of motivational stories which reflect the goodness in everyone's heart.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

...and now I see what you mean. :) I like how you zeroed in on the positives of the book. In retrospect, I do understand how the author's experiences can be a source of inspiration for - as you said - the bored, the lost, and the confused. While the book's tone may rub people the wrong way (as it did for me), I'm glad that it had a positive impact on others.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya »

inaramid wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 08:03 ...and now I see what you mean. :) I like how you zeroed in on the positives of the book. In retrospect, I do understand how the author's experiences can be a source of inspiration for - as you said - the bored, the lost, and the confused. While the book's tone may rub people the wrong way (as it did for me), I'm glad that it had a positive impact on others.
Thanks for stopping by, I am sure there are a lot of people who got a positive impact from the book and yet there are some who did not like the tone of the book. Personally, I did not like the book title because the story of Margaret did not have that 'oomph' required for a "title story" but in general, I enjoyed the book.
werishe stephen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by werishe stephen »

yes for the first time to go through but i read good words of encouragement to my life i do hope to continue with them as am still reading them
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya »

werishe stephen wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 04:19 yes for the first time to go through but i read good words of encouragement to my life i do hope to continue with them as am still reading them
I am glad you are enjoying the book. All the best and thanks for stopping by.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I really enjoyed your introductory paragraph for your review. You conversational style really helps to draw in the reader. Nice job!
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

I enjoyed reading this book,too. I am happy that you enjoyed reading it. Your ideas keep on inspiring me. Hoping for that many people will read this one.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”