Review by Anjum -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Review by Anjum -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Anjum »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon will take you to an amazing adventure led by a girl named Sarah. The story begins with Tom and his friends packing their bags to go on a hiking trip in order to finish an important task. However, by unexpected turn of events, Sarah enters their house with Tom’s ex-wife, Ruth. Ruth tells Tom that Sarah is their granddaughter and leaves her in his care. After a long discussion, Tom and his friends decide to take Sarah with them on the hiking trip, but they later regret their decision as she gets lost during their journey. Sarah reappears after eight days in a really bad condition and tells them an unbelievable story. Nevertheless, everyone begins to understand the deeper meaning behind Sarah's tale later in their journey.

In the beginning, I thought that Sarah was just an ordinary annoying girl, but as I learned more about her, I really became attached to her. I was truly impressed by her brave, courageous, and strong personality. Besides that, she even had a bit of a soft corner in her heart. I also loved other characters such as Tom, William, Myra, and Sergei. Sarah doesn't like them in the beginning, but she later forms a unique connection with them. They begin to understand each other as they continue their journey.

The author has done an excellent job in developing all the characters throughout the book. His writing style is very good and easy to understand. I think that the name of the book Strong Heart truly deserves it. The book is also deeply connected to the origin of man, and the legends associated with it.

I really loved the book, and especially the protagonist Sarah. I truly loved her character development through the book, and although she is a bit opposite to me in nature, I still want to have a strong heart like her. I also learned many new things from the book like the beliefs of different people regarding the origin of man, and all the scientific data and proof available about the topic. Although it was a bit confusing at a point, I really enjoyed reading the book to the end.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as the book is edited and formatted very well. I recommend it to anyone who loves adventure, legends, and a bit of science. The book will take you on an amazing journey filled with many unexpected surprises. You will also find Sarah, and the other characters to be unique and intriguing.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anjum's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I also rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is one story that touched me because of the growth in the characters. I saw all of them changed by the experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience of the book, Anjum!
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html

Post by Anjum »

Miriam Molina wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 20:20 I also rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is one story that touched me because of the growth in the characters. I saw all of them changed by the experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience of the book, Anjum!
Exactly! A single experience changed everyone. It also supports the fact that we learn and change through our experiences.
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Nice review. You talked about Sarah. I also enjoyed how she matured throughout the story and truly became the strong heart of the title. Thanks.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Nice review. I like this book. I can relate to Sarah because sometimes I am a strong-will person. I remember her style during my childhood days. Thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. I also enjoyed reading the book. Sarah was indeed headstrong perhaps due to her past but she's resilient and able to take on what life brings even at such a very young age.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”