Review by Wael El-Manzalawy -- Belas Rift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wael El-Manzalawy
Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wael-el-manzalawy.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Wael El-Manzalawy -- Belas Rift

Post by Wael El-Manzalawy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ham: Belas Rift is a science fiction & fantasy novel. It’s the third part of a trilogy. It can be read as an independent story or as a part of a series.

The author is Stephen von Clinkerhoffen who is an international award winning author.

Stig and Meg are from a fantasy world that they call the Mother Land. They discover that Anet, a human being is trying to destroy their whole world in order to get the gold of the Mother Land that is abundant there but without any value. They come through a rift from the 17th century in their world to the 21st England in order to save their world. They are amazed by the new technology. Anet is the antagonist who is chasing Stig and Meg in order to get rid of them.

The story does not portrait the 21st England as an idealistic society or as a devilish society. Stig and Meg meet bad and kind human beings. Many human beings help Stig and Meg but Stig and Meg are more honest and innocent than human beings. Whenever they take something from any shop, they leave golden buttons as the price though they are invisible to human beings.

The main theme of the story is the conflict between good and evil but there are many other important themes such as friendship, religion and time travel.

I liked the sense of humor in the story. It is an innocent humor and meaningful at the same time.

The thing I liked most in the story is seeing our world by the eyes of Stig and Meg. Familiarity is always a barrier. Through the eyes of Stig and Meg, we discover how our world is amazing, complicated and sometimes funny. The story is an invitation to overcome the barrier of familiarity and to see our world and ourselves by new eyes.

The story is written for children and young adults, so the level of language is suitable for them. But at the same time, the story enriches their language and imagination. The story can be read by older persons. I enjoyed reading it and it was a good experience.

The writer has his own style. He is not imitating any other writer but he is creating his special world using his special style. The descriptive language and the dialogues form a coherent work.

I recommend this story to children and young adults who are interested in science fiction and fantasy. Older persons can also enjoy reading it.
I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It discusses important themes and it is professionally edited. Its sense of humor is innocent and meaningful at the same time.

Belas Rift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Wael El-Manzalawy's review? Post a comment saying so!
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

Wow. This book sounds like a really great read. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I definitely think the premise sounds interesting enough for it to be worth spending some time on, particularly due to the important themes that you've mentioned. Thanks for writing a review!
Wael El-Manzalawy
Currently Reading:

Thanks Spasciuti. I hope that you will enjoy reading the story.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Reading different reviews on this book make me excited to read. I will read this one as well. I see that this book is my type of genre.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great review. I also enjoyed the humor in the book. The author's ideas of new and innovative things was interesting. I really liked your comment about this book teaching to see the world with new eyes. Nice job.
Wael El-Manzalawy
Currently Reading:

Thanks kdstrack. It is really an amazing book. It can be read by children and elders too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”