Official Review: Personal Encounters with Cancer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KamalK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamalk.html
Latest Review: It's Just Business... the Romancing of Ahjumma by Wanda Voy

Re: Official Review: Personal Encounters with Cancer

Post by KamalK »

This book definitely is relevant to people going through such stage, actively or passively. Sharing her own experiences in this book could have brought painful memories to the author. I commend her effort to support other cancer patients.
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

My appreciation goes to the author and all that were willing to share their experiences with cancer in this book. Everyone should read this book to understand better how to support those that find themselves fighting against this ailment. Thanks for the insightful review.
Benedict 99
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Benedict 99 »

(Personal encounter with cancer) being my point of reference, has brought to me the reality of pain and at most difficult situations that cancer patients under go. Looking at the six types of cancer discussed in the book: Lung, prostate, Metastases, bladder, Tongue, and breast, it is evident that life can only be torturous to the patient. Most types of cancer require unending sessions of chemo and strict medications. Chemo is an expensive affair leave alone being scarce in some parts of the world. For this reason, we should hold hands together and help cancer patients to fight these killer disease, so that they may lead a joyous life like we all wish to. Don't we? I appreciate the work done by the author, it is of great positive impact to the society.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

The author's, and the people she has mentioned, stories are not only a show of support for people going through these things, but also inspiring to the people who are untouched by such atrocities.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

This sounds like a brilliant work. It is important for people with cancer as well as the rest of us. I loved the review.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I think this book could help those dealing with these types of cancer the most. It would help anyone understand though what a person going through cancer feels. I recommend it to everyone because cancer is so widespread maybe it could help someone relate to another person who knows someone with cancer just by being there for them.
Uinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uinto.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Uinto »

The book is quite emotive and deals with personal challenges of our lives. I thank the author for such an insightful book. Thanks too for the excellent reviewing work.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The book deals with real personal challenges that are eye-opening. I admire the courage of those who share their challenges. Thanks to the author for her compilation. Great review.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

This sounds beautifully written, but I know the subject matter will put a lot of people off... until they have to deal with cancer themselves. Hopefully this can find an audience in the people who need it most!
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

I will check this out. I know there's alot I can learn about cancer and taking care of cancer patients. Actually it's for everyone so as to create awareness. Thanks for the review.
Sincerely
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sincerely.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Sincerely »

I cann't imagine what cancer patients go through, so to have a book talk discuss it, is amazing.It would be my pleasure to read this book.Great review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

It's great to see a book sharing the experiences of not just one cancer patient or just one type of cancer but four different people suffering from four different kinds of cancer. I'm sad that these people had to go through such tough times, but at least they can let others know that they are not alone. Thank you for the insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book is absolutely inspiring. No doubt, having cancer is a big ordeal not only for the person who face it but for all the people around. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Nomundari

Post by Nomundari »

As the author said cancer depends person to person and has lots of different way to treat. I like this book, because this book introduces us to each invidual who fought againts cancer and won!! This book is great, thank you!!
Fly flyy

Post by Fly flyy »

The book seems to at the centre of a very touching topic and this disease has in itself caused a lot of pain to those who see their loved ones dieing each day because of this hazard. :(

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”