Review by Raksha Rakhecha -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review by Raksha Rakhecha -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret: Stories Of Ordinary Gurus Iโ€™ve Met is a non-fiction book by Rob White and published by Mind Adventure Press. It is an insightful and entertaining memoir of self-transformation. The book explains the awakening moments of the author's life.

Sometimes in the change of wind, we find our true path, our wisdom. The change of wind suggests the different path that the author took i.e. instead of working at the factory and following the family tradition, he went to the college to graduate. He studied further at the university and then advanced into his career.

On his path towards wisdom, he discovered many unsung gurus of his life. Moreover, he discovers that how an ordinary person can leave us with an extraordinary lesson. It could be anyone- a gardener, a vendor, a mother, a student, or even a kid. This book inspires us to be observing and learn from mistakes.

The first half of the book contains the lessons learned by the author from his family and people from his hometown. The latter part of the book contains his transition into real estate and adrenaline-seeking adventures.

I like the way the author has presented his work. Each chapter has a moral. The chapters follow a timeline of Rob's life and end with a reality that he has discovered. Therefore, the sequence of the chapter is a myth, his timeline and then the reality. The author has shared his mistakes and disappointments without any hesitation. This point is note-taking.

It felt like reading a few short stories. He has added enough detail while making sure that no unnecessary information is included. The transition of moving from one chapter to another is very smooth. The teachings are simple and easy to understand.

From the first statement itself, this book grabbed my attention. It has a perfect blend of thoughts and eye-catching quotes. I found it engaging and well-written. It was so good that I wanted to finish it in one sitting.
I found the chapter, 'A Little Trick I Like to Call "Pay Attention"' captivating. Specifically, I like the way the author puts Mr Lampkin's words into his conversation. I found it thoughtful.

Rob is an amazing storyteller and after reading this book, I conclude that even a small act can teach and that we should keep our eyes and minds open for the unexpected gurus we meet in our life.

The book is professionally edited, and I did not find any errors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is well-written, thoughtful, and interesting. I would recommend it to everyone. Anyone who likes reading an inspirational book can read it.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Raksha Rakhecha's review? Post a comment saying so!
Pia_Ruth
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pia-ruth.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by Pia_Ruth »

Great review Raksha. I think from reading your summary and thoughts of the book, I am now persuaded to read it. Non-fiction isn't always my cup of tea but I think I'll give this one a try :)
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:

Pia_Ruth wrote: โ†‘06 Jan 2018, 06:06 Great review Raksha. I think from reading your summary and thoughts of the book, I am now persuaded to read it. Non-fiction isn't always my cup of tea but I think I'll give this one a try :)
Go for it Pia! ๐Ÿ˜
Brianna15O

Post by Brianna15O »

I think this is really good.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

Nice review. Although I shared a different opinion about the book, I am glad that you found it so interesting.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:

Brianna15O wrote: โ†‘06 Jan 2018, 12:20 I think this is really good.
Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:

Lg_99 wrote: โ†‘06 Jan 2018, 13:09 Nice review. Although I shared a different opinion about the book, I am glad that you found it so interesting.
That's the thing about opinion! Two people can look at exact same thing and see something totally different. ๐Ÿ˜‰
BookLover9819
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by BookLover9819 »

This review motivated me to read the book, its very good.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:

BookLover9819 wrote: โ†‘09 Jan 2018, 15:57 This review motivated me to read the book, its very good.
Go for it! I hope you will like it. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Chance35310

Post by Chance35310 »

This book will be dope I have no choice but to go for it because I love reading motivational and inspirational books God bless White for this book
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:

Chance35310 wrote: โ†‘01 Feb 2018, 02:26 This book will be dope I have no choice but to go for it because I love reading motivational and inspirational books God bless White for this book
Go for it ๐Ÿ‘
Scarlet wamuyu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarlet-wamuyu.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Scarlet wamuyu »

Nice review the book sounds very inspiring and discussed the real life experiences.
It's a must read
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:

Scarlet wamuyu wrote: โ†‘02 Mar 2018, 14:31 Nice review the book sounds very inspiring and discussed the real-life experiences.
It's a must read

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€