Official Review: Transforming Faith by Fred Howard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarailer
Currently Reading: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: Official Review: Transforming Faith by Fred Howard

Post by Sarailer »

This is an extremely thoughtful book. The stories in this book are very thought provoking and entertaining. This is the type of book that once you pick it up you cannot put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has ever questioned their faith or the existence of God. This book gives hope to humanity without thrusting religion down your throat. A fantastic book!!
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I guess it's only natural to have a slue of this type of book at this time of year, but it saddens me.

I fully except the line do unto others as you want them to do to you, paraphrasing a little, but it always seems the people of faith ignore it. There is a claim that all wars are fought over religion, I don't know if this is true. But if it is, then more people of faith need to read this book

Thanks for the great review.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
Heddabed
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ansforming Faith</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Heddabed »

I would recommend this book to everyone! It makes you look carefully at where you’re at in following your personal faith path . Mine is in Jesus! I am doing great on my path ! Read : Transforming Faith by Fred Howard ! I loved it
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

Great review and thank you for sharing. It sounds like the author provides readers with a different outlook on religion and particularly faith as you mentioned. This sounds like something I would enjoy.
Madison Degraffenreid
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

Thank you for a fascinating review. It made me more eager to read this book even if it is not usually my cup of tea. I’m looking forward to what knowledge it can give and how it can change my outlook in life.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

This book is not for me, but it makes me happy to hear you say that reading it was such a positive experience. Thanks for the insightful review!
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

This one sounds fascinating! Faith is a topic I am definitely interested in! Congrats on the review!
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I normally don't read books about religion but this book actually explores a unique concept that can be applied to many different faiths. The fact that faith plays a different role in the different stages of our life and that we eventually all have questions. It's great that it was professionally edited and you didn't find any mistakes. Great job on your review! :)
Ennaia22
Currently Reading: A Book Without Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ennaia22.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau

Post by Ennaia22 »

The book brings back hope to humanity. A lot of people are wearing and tired of the test life is bringing unto them. At times when people fought for their own lives just to survive this unfair world, this book serves as a spiritual healer to them. Reading this brings enlightenment. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Bancroft
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bancroft.html
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli

Post by Bancroft »

Oh Dear Scott, why you wrire such beautiful and wonderful compositions. Great fan from the Subcontinent
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

I like the subject matter of today's book. I have also had my share of questions about beliefs I've been taught while growing up as a Christian. I have also asked the questions to different people and listened to their answers. Some I agreed with and others, I didn't. But most of all, when I have such questions, I pray and look for answers myself in the Bible. This far, I have not been disappointed and I remain a Christian.
Sarailer
Currently Reading: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Sarailer »

This is an extremely thoughtful book. The stories in this book are very thought provoking and entertaining. This is the type of book that once you pick it up you cannot put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has ever questioned their faith or the existence of God. This book gives hope to humanity without thrusting religion down your throat. A fantastic book!!
kcSnoWhite
Currently Reading: Pocket Dial
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcsnowhite.html

Post by kcSnoWhite »

This is an outstanding Review of what sounds like an outstanding piece of non-fiction.

I went to Church regularly as a child, until I was 12 years old. My parents never attended church, so what they believed, "if" they believed, was never a question I asked. What I did question when I was old enough to understand "critical thinking" wasn't "is there a God?" I've always known, for myself who He is and we chat nightly. I questioned the "organized-religion" aspect of the Church. So I moved on from the organizational aspect of a "religious doctrine" it left too much, in my humble opinion, to interpretation by a regular person depending on denomination.

That said, I take a more "Spiritual" attitude towards "Faith" as opposed to aligning with any particular religious sect of Christianity. Mad respect for anyone who has found their Faith & Family in whatever it is that manifests the feelings of love, charity, caring and respect for others.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Well, I'm real glad you enjoyed the read. Shows it truly was engrossing and strong enough to personally impart onto your life. Not sure it's for me though but thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review! It's amazing how you were able to find answers to important questions through reading this book! That's inspiring. I can't see myself finishing this book due to the fact that I don't believe it will help me grow in my faith. It's a matter of where I am today, and the questions I'm currently battling.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”