Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Barbiedole
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbiedole.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Barbiedole »

Paperback please. But since we're dealing with ebooks here, do I really have a choice?
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Exavia
Currently Reading: Japanese Lover
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-exavia.html

Post by Exavia »

While I prefer being able to read a physical copy of a book, I think I like the fact that i can read ebooks in the dark/at any possible moment. (I use my phone so as long as it's not dead, I'm good!
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

waniyaahmed wrote: 23 Feb 2013, 11:10 I know there is this hype around ebooks and readers, but honestly speaking I just don't get it! curling up with a good book, especially after a long day is my favourite thing and you just don't get the same feel with the readers. And who doesn't love a full book shlef anyway? What are your thoughts ebook or the real thing?
If you have a smartphone, download free ereader Prestigio app on Google Play Store and tell me your experience. It works great on smartphone. It's what I'm using because it's free. 😄
Goaldiggergirl
Currently Reading: My Sister, My Friend
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Goaldiggergirl »

Both. Because i love the smell of the books and also i'm collecting different kind of books especiall if it's a selfpub. And i'm reading also in E-book there are many good stories in Ebook too.
renatta12
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by renatta12 »

I like both but when I really fall inlove with a book i buy the had copy.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I love, love, love, paper books. That being said I mainly get ebooks because I've lost my paper books to many times due to unforseen circumstances and so I'm scared of losing them again.
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
TiffM
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TiffM »

I like both paper and e-books. E-books are great for reading in the dark and on the go. Paper books are good for when you want to sit and relax.
Victoria8191
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Victoria8191 »

I understand the appeal of ereaders or kobos, especially if you’re travelling and you don’t want to carry multiple books with you. But there’s nothing like the feeling of picking up a real book and feeling the pages beneath your fingers; constantly turning pages in anticipation and dreading when you turn the inevitable last page, but then feeling instant joy knowing you can pick up another real book.
Ali B
Currently Reading: The tree of yoga
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ali-b.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00MHI0QGQ

Post by Ali B »

I love a real paper book. It's so evocatic; the smell, the texture of the paper, the curling edges, sifting back a few pages to search something out...ahhhh! But the convenience and compactness of the electronic device is indeed difficult to rival. Also, and as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, with an ebook you can read well into the darkness and what a treat that is!
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
Atheinne
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Atheinne »

I love love LOVE paper books because they're huggable and they just smell good! But I purchase mostly ebooks because they're less expensive. Although when there's a book I am very interested in and obsess over, then at some point, I purchase the paper book. It really is nice to have a library in the house.
justmarielyn
Currently Reading: The Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by justmarielyn »

I use ereader. Before, I just download an app on my cp but now, i'm enjoying using my kindle ereader.
But I still love the touch of paper book, I just cannot afford it.
readingnow93
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by readingnow93 »

I used to dislike ebooks even years after my stepmom had made it her daily routine. However, since I got the kindle unlimited on my iPhone I’ve enjoyed being able to see the percentage and how far I have to go before I finish a book. I usually enjoy challenging myself to finish a book soon so I can start reading another book and I like the small amount of pressure the little percentage puts on me. It is also extremely practical to have an ebook, since I am around water a lot and tend to get my books wet. I have a waterproof phone to read my ebooks on and it’s served as my protected shelf. I can read multiple books on one device and the only downside to ebooks is the loss of smelling a real book. There’s nothing like the smell of turning pages of a book but I still vote for an ebook for people who read a lot on the go.
BookInspector300
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookinspector300.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BookInspector300 »

I'm kind of on the fence with regards to this one. I mean, on one hand, i have the simplicity of browsing and getting a book online because where I live, we don't have many book stores where you can get good paperback novels so the e-book is a welcome invention. But on the other hand, I prefer giving my full attention to a book I can hold physically and not get distracted by text messages or the likes.With that been said, I prefer both.
The Canadian Witch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1329">Blue Haven</a>
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 322

Post by The Canadian Witch »

I have a preference for paper books, there's nothing like holding a book in your hands, flick the pages, smell the musky odors coming from books as they age. But for a quick review it's faster through Ebooks, as you don't have to wait for the mail to come in.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

I use to bring Paper Book when I have an appointment. Easy to carry and no problem with Low Batt. But I usually use my Tablet when I'm just home.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”