Review by Adrian mulenga -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adrian mulenga
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-mulenga.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Adrian mulenga -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Adrian mulenga »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book And then I met Margret is written by Rob White,it is a motivational book coupled with several intriguing stories of motivation from unlikely sources.The book entails of some of life's hardships and how we learn from it and turn the situation to our advantage when viewed from a different way.

It stars Rob who lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone,a town that was deeply rooted in culture,where a person's fate was somehow inevitably destined to take a particular route.As young Rob was more than satisfied with the daily norms of the town,to grow up and later be like his father.In the first few chapters of the book we are introduced to his first unlikely guru,his aunt.His aunt helps him understand that "kindness is not just an act of self interest "but that "kind acts demonstrate the height of love "as we read the book even further we are introduced to characters that get Rob thinking in a different light and perspective.

He begins to break those stereotypes bit by bit,but the boldest of them was when he chose not to work in the town's factories as was expected of him,but choosing to go to college after High school.With fear of failing as one of his driving factor,he embarks on a journey where he strives for success,he later graduates to become a teacher.He teaches for a while before he retires to become a successful entrepreneur.Throughout And then i met Margret we are introduced to several gurus from from different walks of life,like the maasai woman from he learns that with conviction to go beyond ones self,a persons power is limitless.Or the girl by the name Margret who with a single question helps him realize the true meaning of life.The book is an interesting read with very captivating stories in each chapter.Each chapter conveys life lessons that motivate us and just push to strive for greatness.Its not bias towards a single line if thinking,but instead it helps us explore our available options to use to take life on.Towards the end of each chapter the book helps us figure out the right route to take.

What I liked most about the book is that is that it conveys these motivational quotes in stories that one can relate to.I feel the first few pages of any book should be captivating,and the book gets one hooked just after the first few pages of reading.Like in the first chapter where we are introduced to his aunt who loved him so much that she brushed off the pain that she felt every time she let Rob win the occasional card game's.The book brings out many issues,that life will not always go our way,most are the times that we focus on the problems that come from our misfortunes,and how there's always motivation around us.The book has helped me view life from a different light,which is that man is destined to succeed only when he sums up the courage of breaking out if routine ,and that is everywhere only if we pay closer attention.

And i met Margret is a book which is motivational and also entertaining with relatable stories.It is a very good book and for that I rate it 4 out of four stars

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Adrian mulenga's review? Post a comment saying so!
Edith3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Edith3 »

:D Nice interesting n motivational
Adrian mulenga

Post by Adrian mulenga »

It definitely is, thanks for the comment
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Interesting comments. I like how you point out that from young on Rob followed his goals. Leaving his hometown must have been very difficult. Nice review. Thanks.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Nice review. You need to put some space after the period. Anyway, I really love to read different reviews of this book. Nice observation.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Do check mine, Thanks!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
boynani
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by boynani »

nice review am really impressed with this keep it up@
Adrian mulenga

Post by Adrian mulenga »

Yeah,thank you.that means a lot