Review by KitabuKitamu -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Review by KitabuKitamu -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by KitabuKizuri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a nonfiction book authored by Rob White and published by Mind Adventure Press. Rob white is a successful Real Estate investor, motivational speaker and owner of restaurant businesses who describes his background as one of humble beginnings. After breaking the societal mold of his hometown and rising up to be fairly well off, he realizes he is unfulfilled or lacking spiritually in spite of his success. “My exterior world reflected material wealth, but my interior world was spiritually bankrupt.”

He describes in several chapters how ordinary people we interact with every day can be a source of inspiration to make definitive choices in life for the better. Interaction with people like Mr. Lampkin, the grounds keeper during his campus days, taught him a vital lesson on paying attention as he worked under him while landscaping to make extra funds. A Californian mom inspired Rob to bounce back into his real estate business after he watched her get her son back into the surf after a wipeout. He had suffered a huge financial setback after a natural disaster. Through the book we also meet Peter who refused to die when he decided to follow what the doctor prescribed to the letter. This is after he was resigned to fate on being diagnosed with liver and kidney problems. He teaches us a lesson on what we can achieve when we accept that we are all created first class in every way. There are other equally riveting if not inspiring stories of to keep the reader glued to the text.

This proves to be an effective motivational book because it opens the reader’s eyes to the possibility of being inspired by everyday people, from our siblings to our neighbours, friends, colleagues, subordinates, kids, homeless people, etc. There is always a chance someone will leave us nuggets of inspiring insights or lessons on life as we interact with them. Rob introduces each chapter with myths that he held true and contrasts it afterwards with what he discovers to be reality. It makes it easy for one to associate the lessons with the stories while reading the book and thus commit them to memory. As far as I'm concerned there is hardly much not to like about the book.

From these experiences that he’s had, the author insists that “You must give the same energy to the truth that you gave to the myth.” It reminds me of another inspirational book, From Drift to Shift by Jody B. Miller, which also draws inspiration from living heroes to give its readers vital lessons in life.

This being a book that is beneficial to many deserves 4 out of 4 stars in my opinion. I did not find any typos except for one, which I think is negligible, and if there are any other I didn’t notice them.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KitabuKitamu's review? Post a comment saying so!
Emanuel A Joseph
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emanuel A Joseph »

I like kitabu kitamu review
Joe Richie

Post by Joe Richie »

I love your review. Good work!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

KitabuKitamu wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 03:23 This proves to be an effective motivational book because it opens the reader’s eyes to the possibility of being inspired by everyday people, from our siblings to our neighbours, friends, colleagues, subordinates, kids, homeless people, etc. There is always a chance someone will leave us nuggets of inspiring insights or lessons on life as we interact with them. Rob introduces each chapter with myths that he held true and contrasts it afterwards with what he discovers to be reality. It makes it easy for one to associate the lessons with the stories while reading the book and thus commit them to memory. As far as I'm concerned there is hardly much not to like about the book.
Thanks for the great review. I also liked how the chapters were organized, with the myth to be transformed first, then the story, followed by the transformed belief. It was an effective format. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, but I liked many of the stories and the author's writing style. I hope you will check out my review. onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html. Thanks!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like how you pointed out that what motivated him to begin this search for gurus was his lack of feeling fulfilled even though he was successful and wealthy. The author succeeded in motivating you! Nice review.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Thank you all for passing by and your kind comments.
daratega11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daratega11.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by daratega11 »

I love your review. Good job!
Tsatsie

Post by Tsatsie »

You swahili name(KitabuKitamu)captured me to read the review you have done for "Then I met Margaret by Rob White".And my comment is indeed the same like others.I write this in swahili-Umekitendea haki kitabu.Umenipa hamu ya kukisoma.(Translation)I have been impressed by your review and thus you have indeed made me look for the book and i will make it one of the 12 books must read this year.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Tsatsie wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 07:06 You swahili name(KitabuKitamu)captured me to read the review you have done for "Then I met Margaret by Rob White".And my comment is indeed the same like others.I write this in swahili-Umekitendea haki kitabu.Umenipa hamu ya kukisoma.(Translation)I have been impressed by your review and thus you have indeed made me look for the book and i will make it one of the 12 books must read this year.
:tiphat: Sukran!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”