Review by pricessbianca28 -- 30th Century: Escape

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by pricessbianca28 -- 30th Century: Escape

Post by n-dai che »

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How do you describe your experience when you are traveling to a far place? Sometimes traveling so far is a tiresome journey but satisfied upon seeing the beauty of nature. 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin is a kind of travel that will enhance your imagination of nature. This kind of travel is different from a normal travel, we use in our daily transportation.

A lady wanted to escape not in a typical house, but in her current century. She is Jennifer Hero, a team leader, but choose to leave what she had in order to escape. Something happened in her organization and her only escape is to go backward from the 30th century to the 21st century. Why she is planning to escape from a well-advanced technology in a still upgrading century? What are her motives in the 21st century? Will she able to do a time travel? How? She got stranded on a dangerous island with radiation. Then, she met strangers after a couple of months. How could she trust them? Her only choice was to go with the strangers. How could she manage her escape?

Escaping is trying to avoid responsibility or conflict in the midst of crisis. I like how the author depicted responsibility and decision making of this story. It is risky for Jennifer to leave, she might be called a coward, a selfish but her choice is also important.

I admire the author’s creativeness when someone stranded on an island. He gives a helpful strategy like fishing, using tools around the area and the easiest way to survive is by eating a coconut. Underwater adventure makes me excited to read it continuously. The author’s artistic ideas on nature captured my attention which made me like the book. The author gives an idea when to trust strangers, how to communicate with them and on how to make yourself calm down under the pressures.

The title in every chapter is very interesting. The pictures enhance the author’s point because it gives clarity on what he is trying to tell. The grammar is also good and I did not see any misspelled word. A person who loves adventure, travels, underwater experiences and nature lover will enjoy reading this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I learned a different strategy when stranded, meeting strangers, on fishing and on communication. My negative comment on this book is only the nude picture of Jennifer that might cause sexual aggressiveness to minors.

30th Century: Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like pricessbianca28's review? Post a comment saying so!
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Escaping is trying to avoid responsibility or conflict in the midst of crisis.

this phrase captured my attention in your review. I agree with that. It happens especially in politics and also in the lives of common people. Thanks for your review. :lol: :tiphat:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

pinklover wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 08:56
Escaping is trying to avoid responsibility or conflict in the midst of crisis.

this phrase captured my attention in your review. I agree with that. It happens especially in politics and also in the lives of common people. Thanks for your review. :lol: :tiphat:
you are right! I agree with that. I guess that someone escape based on the situation he or she in. :)
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I think the plot of Mark Kingston Levin's 30th Century: Escape is remarkable. The character of Jennifer Hero is sounds interesting. However, narratives of time travel hardly appeal to me. Good job on the review, pricessbianca28.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I find it interesting that yours is the only review that did not touch upon or focus on all the sexual content of the book. Although I may not agree with some of the points raised here, it's still nice to look at the book from a different perspective. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

inaramid wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 13:25 I find it interesting that yours is the only review that did not touch upon or focus on all the sexual content of the book. Although I may not agree with some of the points raised here, it's still nice to look at the book from a different perspective. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Thank you very much for your observation on my review. I read different views as well and their views more on sexual issues. Thanks. :tiphat:
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

KlareAllison wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 17:55 I think the plot of Mark Kingston Levin's 30th Century: Escape is remarkable. The character of Jennifer Hero is sounds interesting. However, narratives of time travel hardly appeal to me. Good job on the review, pricessbianca28.
Thanks for reading this. :tiphat:
samuel+ahmadu
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by samuel+ahmadu »

well its quite captivating and educative for one to undertand the aspect of re-selection or change of toth that (i think is what the author is trying to make us understand)which involves risk taking and trusting the unknown(stranger{s})more over i think the author isn't relly speaking about the topic rather as an idomatic expression(that is otherwise).
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

samuel+ahmadu wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 17:49 well its quite captivating and educative for one to undertand the aspect of re-selection or change of toth that (i think is what the author is trying to make us understand)which involves risk taking and trusting the unknown(stranger{s})more over i think the author isn't relly speaking about the topic rather as an idomatic expression(that is otherwise).
your right! :tiphat:
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Nice review. I like this book but too much sexual scenes distracted me.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

Nice review, but this book is not for me.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Yes, nice review; but I too pass on this book, in which I'm not into erotic science fiction and spoiler alerts.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
n-dai che
Currently Reading:

Post by n-dai che »

ValBookReviews wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 18:53 Yes, nice review; but I too pass on this book, in which I'm not into erotic science fiction and spoiler alerts.
Thanks for reading my review. Have a nice day ahead. Happy holiday.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

n-dai che wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 22:41
ValBookReviews wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 18:53 Yes, nice review; but I too pass on this book, in which I'm not into erotic science fiction and spoiler alerts.
Thanks for reading my review. Have a nice day ahead. Happy holiday.
Thank you! Same to you. Have a safe an enjoyable one.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

30th Century: Escape is a well written tale with the science firmly grounded in reality. Dr. Levin does a very good job with his freshmen debut in fiction. Though the book is tagged Science Fiction, it should also be tagged Romance/Adult cause of the sex scenarios. I do not recommend for children and teens.

Dr. Levin tried breaking the terms down to layman's understanding, but be ready to get lost in the plot...
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”