Review by readandsmile -- Sigfried’s Smelly So...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by readandsmile -- Sigfried’s Smelly So...

Post by readandsmile »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Socks are tiny things that often times cause a problem in the house. In fact, it plays an important role in our body, especially on cold days. Sigfried’s Smelly Socks written and pictures by Len Foley will show us the importance of having a clean sock.

Sigfried wonders why his book had a bad odor. He did a background check on his room. Could this be from a rotten banana? He noticed the chewing gum, slice pizza, and peanut butter that stuck on his book. But, there is still a terrible smell. Could this be from his naughty dog Oscar or from his sister Piper’s disgusting diaper? He observes something under his bed. What is hidden beneath his bed that burns up the hair on his head? An orange color smell like rotten cabbage. The green one smell like an Ostrich’s breath. A smell likes in the toilet seat smells in the red one. And, he sniff something similar to a dog. What is this that smell like an old potato? Could all this stuff be solved by a smelly soap? Why did this thing makes him promise not to flush?

This book will help children that dirty socks must put in the right place. This book give an idea to children in order to wash their socks regularly. They will remember not to pile the dirty socks under the bed. This is one way of disciplining a child’s character so that when they grow up, they will know how to do neat and clean. Sigfried’s Smelly Socks will make children know why cleanliness is a must. Throwing dirty socks anywhere will spoil the room. It will make the room untidy.

I like the way the author painted the pictures because it looks funny and entertaining. The rhyming words sounds good like read and bread, lose and nose, piper and diaper, and, clumps and lumps. It is easily understood by the reader. The writing style is good and, I didn’t find any misspelled words. I recommend this book to parents because this is good as a bedtime story. A small child will easily find the colored items and even to count it.

I love the story and, everyone can relate to this because we all experienced wearing socks. It is short but entertaining and as an educational tool for a child. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author simply illustrates cleanliness. The colored items will make a child easily understand the story. I don’t have any negative comments on this book because it flows well.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like readandsmile's review? Post a comment saying so!
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

wow nice review. I can relate to the story and I enjoyed reading your review. It is a fun review. I like it. :lol:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
benzharvey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benzharvey.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by benzharvey »

i can relate to this book. Socks are often times really is the cause of smell here in my current home. Nice review.
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

I enjoyed reading your review because it is true. It happens in real situation. I remember someone that looks like Sigfried. Thanks.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Rightly said the simplicity was amazing. I too read this book and really had a good laugh.
Please check out my review of this book and share your comments.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52548
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I could almost smell the socks while reading your review, Readandsmile. You know what? I read and smiled.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Miriam Molina wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 05:50 I could almost smell the socks while reading your review, Readandsmile. You know what? I read and smiled.
Thanks Miriam, I smiled reading your comments as well. I read and smile, too. :lol:
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

Miriam Molina wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 05:50 I could almost smell the socks while reading your review, Readandsmile. You know what? I read and smiled.
I agree with you. The review is full of fun and I also feel that I smell the socks. I am reminded of my socks as well. :tiphat:
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

prinjeh18 wrote: 25 Dec 2017, 04:06
I agree with you. The review is full of fun and I also feel that I smell the socks. I am reminded of my socks as well. :tiphat:
me too. upon reading different review on this book I am convince to read this and here it comes, I finished writing mine. Thanks for visiting my page, too. :tiphat:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Nice review. I like the way you reviewed this small colorful, funny book with illustrations. Good job. Please feel free to check my other reviews.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 00:46 Nice review. I like the way you reviewed this small colorful, funny book with illustrations. Good job. Please feel free to check my other reviews.
Thanks for visiting my page. I will do check your reviews as well. :tiphat:
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
PaigeA
Currently Reading: brothers karamazov
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigea.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by PaigeA »

readandsmile wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 01:02
This book will help children that dirty socks must put in the right place. This book give an idea to children in order to wash their socks regularly. They will remember not to pile the dirty socks under the bed. This is one way of disciplining a child’s character so that when they grow up, they will know how to do neat and clean. Sigfried’s Smelly Socks will make children know why cleanliness is a must. Throwing dirty socks anywhere will spoil the room. It will make the room untidy.
I'm not sure the book was trying to have this effect. I'm curious what other people think. I don't think the book will encourage children at all to be cleaner. I think it is just a fun, funny story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”