Official Review: A Home from Home by Susan Barrett

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: A Home from Home by Susan Barrett

Post by dragonet07 »

It sounds like an interesting story, although I'm not sure if I want to read about a corrupt nursing home right now. Still, the characters seem compelling enough to keep my attention. Thank you for the thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

Very nice review. Very descriptive and appeals to your imagination.
Deeshani Batra
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Deeshani Batra »

Since childhood I am very fond of time travel stories and this book seems to catch my attention for that reason. However, I feel that the crime and suspense part could have been enhanced a little more than just exploring the past stories of characters. Having said that, I found the review quite interesting and it definitely urges me to unveil the characters. All in all, a great review!
sunshinedee
Currently Reading: The Emerald City of Oz
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by sunshinedee »

At first when I read this book,I did not understand it but when I read it twice,thrice,I got the point. .a heartwarming story in a nursing home of a senior age group and on the other side a humorous sides of them revealing their different ridiculous attitude of mental state of their old age.
Blue Lightnin
Currently Reading: A Home from Home
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Blue Lightnin »

:) I like this review, because it feels like it takes me there. The reviewer already took me far enough to know I'll be meeting some of my old friends from work here, as the many years have passed, and he's helped me to already admire Edith, who I can see as the resident handyman, if it weren't for her all the years taking their tolls, and I am anxious to get to the book and start reading it and meet all of Ms. Barret's characters. It's really cool, that he's led me into the who's the thief mode, and now I've gotta know that answer asap. He did an excellent job of not ruining it with spoilers. Of course the tease with Spiro, I've gotta meet Spiro now. I take it that Spiro gets to confront the thief face to face, a position I've been in myself many times in life, so his review has me chompin' at the bit, and I can't wait to get into it.
I get the feeling this book's going to be very enjoyable!
Ras Jose
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ras Jose »

Thank you for the great review,it is really interesting.
Adedola
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Adedola »

Thank you! It sounds like a good read but unfortunately, I'm not so intrigued with the storyline.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The life in nursing homes has both positive and negative sides. Barrett has beautifully explains the ins and outs of a nursing home's life and relationship s of people living there.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Djima
Currently Reading: A Home from Home
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Djima »

wow i love this book ..the way both different sides are solving their issues made me think very deep..it doesn't only tells the story but also shows the behaviour of each character in the book. i like the way Tass talks to his uncle Spiro much love..thanks a lot i know am forever going to enjoy this book.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Seniors must of course have a lot of stories to tell about their life experiences. What a great idea to weave these into a novel with an element of mystery.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Miss ejay
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-ejay.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles

Post by Miss ejay »

Great review. It sounds like a very interesting story
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles
OldNerd
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by OldNerd »

This book sounds like an interesting fiction novel. I like it that It is a humorous tale full of anecdotes about old age, and also a heartwarming story about living a fulfilled life. I will Pick this one straight away.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295

Post by tamdlyte »

Since I'm not there yet, ;) I'm fascinated by the stories of our senior citizens. I just wish all of our seniors could live their golden years in peaceful joy doing what they like and not being put in homes that are of questionable care.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Thanks for the review! This sounds like a very unique story. It is not often that a book focuses on the end of lifeโ€™s journey, but more usually, the beginning. Itโ€™s nice the see this age group recognized for their wisdom and experiences.
Lucy Nasimiyu
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-nasimiyu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Lucy Nasimiyu »

I really enjoy a novel with some humor. I think this will make for a really interesting read. The mystery of the missing items from the home also promises to keep the reader entertained. Thank you for the review.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Return to โ€œOther Fiction Forumโ€