Official Review: 500 Miles To Go by J. Conrad Guest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
thisisfinal213
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thisisfinal213.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Re: Official Review: 500 Miles To Go by J. Conrad Guest

Post by thisisfinal213 »

that is not an interesting review as I must say because there is no proper summary
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

If I only based on the cover, I wouldn't read this book. Car races is not something I'm interested in; however, I'm intrigued in how the author mixed facts and fiction so perfectly that you ended loving every part of the book. Fantastic review! I am now curious enough that I feel tempted to read this book!
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

@kalinadi thank you so much! I appreciate it you taking the time to read my review. It will surprise you as it did me, I found myself searching for racers history + watching race videos on YouTube. Now I can actually have a conversation about racing back in the day. I was reeled in by the romance themes of the book and got completely engulfed by the racing aspects - & in the best way.
VictoriaOgun
Currently Reading: The Lightening Thief
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by VictoriaOgun »

I dont really know about racing but from your review I might and It could be educational
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

@victoriaOgun give it a go - you'll learn quite a bit about racing.
andrejavardana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by andrejavardana »

Nice review ritah, funny thing is I once aspired to be a rally driver. I loved this book, good job :)
ritah
Currently Reading:

Post by ritah »

andrejavardana wrote:Nice review ritah, funny thing is I once aspired to be a rally driver. I loved this book, good job :)
@andrejavardana Thanks, that's really cool - glad you loved it!!! I enjoyed reading it and even gained an appreciation for the sport. However, I can't ever dream to be a rally driver past or present; the risks of the sport scare me too much.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

This is a great review! I was worried that my lack of initial interest in racing would be keep me from enjoying this novel but it doesn't sound like that's the case at all. Adding this one to my list!
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:This is a great review! I was worried that my lack of initial interest in racing would be keep me from enjoying this novel but it doesn't sound like that's the case at all. Adding this one to my list!
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
ritah
Currently Reading:

Post by ritah »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:This is a great review! I was worried that my lack of initial interest in racing would be keep me from enjoying this novel but it doesn't sound like that's the case at all. Adding this one to my list!
@mallorywhitaker Thank you! It is a great read. Hope you'll enjoy!

-- 17 Nov 2017, 06:35 --

@gpm thank you for the comment.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

nice review and upon reading it I have an ideas about cars and driving. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. May you have a blessed day.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”