Review by MESHACK WACHIURI -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MESHACK WACHIURI
Currently Reading: Curve Couture
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meshack-wachiuri.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Review by MESHACK WACHIURI -- My Trip To Adele

Post by MESHACK WACHIURI »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My trip to Adele by A.I Alyaseer and R.I Alyaseer is a fictional novel involving three people in different cities. These people seem to pass through similar challenges. They are in search of happiness and love of Adele.

The story starts with Elias a man from Morocco who seem to believe that he is trapped in his past. He lives in Rome. He believes there was a spell cast to separate him from Malika whom he loved and were together eight years that have passed. He gave Malika a CD containing Adele's song and told her they could meet during Adele's the concert in Verona. He tries his best to get a ticket to the concert in order to meet his loved one. Lastly Elias listens to lyrics of Adele's song the hometown glory which seem to sum up his experience in his hometown Marrakesh.

The second is Yaser's a man who seemed to have a perfect relationship. They are trying their best to hide their sorrowful part while contrast is seen as their relationship is breaking apart. Yaser and Marium are not in good terms all through. They try to get an event which could bring back their good memories. Finally Adele's song (don't you remember) brought their memorable experience with his wife.

The last is of Nandia, a single mother who is doing all she can to maintain happiness and make her young son's life secure. Nandia was divorced by her Ex-husband who was very abusive. She has a mind set on taking her son to see his idol, Adele in concert. She sacrifices a lot to make her son happy.

The book itself makes the reader to have an urge to read the book further. It creates a lot of suspense as the story individually ends. Though I have never heard Adele's songs, I feel great attraction to them as they try to complement each scenario. I like the way Nandia overcomes the cultural aspects with her strong personality in order to stand up for her freedom together with her child. There is a great theme of love and belonging. I took time to understand the flow of the story and its connection to Adele. I had to read and re read now and then till I got the flow. I have to rate the book 4 out of 4 stars . The book is worth reading. I highly recommend other readers to try it.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves

Like MESHACK WACHIURI's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Angela Stripes »

I think its neat that you were able to enjoy the lyrics intermingled without having known the songs beforehand. I haven't read this one, yet, but I'm not overly familiar with Adele's music--other than what's played on the radio. It's good to know that I don't have to know all the songs to still enjoy the read.

Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Lanrypat
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Lanrypat »

The intro of the review makes me want to go over and over it again. Fictional work in connection with Adele makes me want to hear her songz even more. Nice review
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review! I have seen this book around. Though the book is not for me, I liked reading your views on it.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”