Review by Jam-nk -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jam-nk
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jam-nk.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Jam-nk -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Jam-nk »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a realistic fiction about two people who learnt they were grandparents after losing their only child five years earlier and neither seemed happy about the situation. The child became the grandfather’s obligation after she was forcefully left on him by the grandmother. With the help of the grandfather’s friend and his daughter they made the most of the current situation which led to one of the greatest adventure they all could imagined. Strong Heart is an interesting piece, it’s mostly based on history and provides a great deal of details as it relates to people, places or animals.

Strong Heart highlights how easy life can change as one minute your life can be planned out with every detail visible and in the blink of an eye all this turn to confusion. This novel is packed with mixed emotions from a child who feels she does not belong and stops at nothing to be seen and heard to a grandfather whose plans are about to crumble yet he feels the need to do what’s right even though he is clueless as to what that is. Strong Heart is overall a great novel, however,there was instances where the details were a bit confusing because it was too much especially fora reader who may not be aware or interested in history.

I enjoyed the author’s style of writing, it caters to the reader in such a way that even if you are not fond of history, based on the story-line you feel that sense of wanting to explore. It’s as if you are immersed in the story and it’s not as if you are reading but you become one with the adventure and its now about you and your experience. The story-line captures scenes from present and at other times you are immersed in a character’s experience. Strong Heart gives detailed description of all the characters and allows for the reader to understand and identify with each one knowing their strength, weaknesses or even their flaws.

It was not easy to identify the pattern the author was taking so there was a lot of suspense which made it difficult to break away from reading as the urge to find out what happened next was great. I find this novel quite interesting and I must say that though I find it a little confusing from too much detail relating to history but it still did not take away from this been a very good and well written piece. Having reached the end of the novel I was a bit disappointed because I was once again left in suspense having to create various endings for this unusual yet vitalizing experience for all characters involved.

Strong Heart is a fitting title for the novel. I think the author did a very good job getting into the head of each character, the style of writing is fresh and works well with the story. The characters were well developed and seem consistent with their background and upbringing. "I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars." I think the use of quotes at the beginning is interesting and makes greater sense at the end of the. I think this book would appeal to anyone who appreciates a good read. If you are looking for a story with suspense then this is the book for you.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jam-nk's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Pabknjie
Currently Reading: My Thirty Years In New York City
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Pabknjie »

This book strong heart touches my heart the moment I started reading it. The everyday problems of life and the dedication and will is what make it one of the best book to read by people who are encountering tough time and yet still ready to endured all the pain and hardship in faith..
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

This is a really great review.
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”