Official Review: Anger to Rage by Alex R Price

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Official Review: Anger to Rage by Alex R Price

Post by Momlovesbooks »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anger to Rage" by Alex R Price.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Anger to Rage, by Alex R. Price, is an action/adventure novel. It is the first book of nine books planned for the series "Secret to Life". This first book in the series is an attention-grabber right from the start.

After a brief prologue with a group of religious fanatics discussing the future of society, the story jumps right into action. The main character, Gerald Rington, is caught up in action and intrigue. His life is chaotic and dangerous. Unfortunately, his family keeps getting drawn into his messes and he seems to be always rescuing someone.

His family is unique and has special gifts. He has several children with different women from his younger, wilder days. His family is currently trying to hide a secret invention while using it for good purposes. Meanwhile, the FBI is searching for him to make him pay for high seas crimes. The Department of Defense is also looking for him to obtain the secret technology he created. If that isn't bad enough, the DEA wants him and another unknown fourth player wants him and his family killed. With the help of his exceptional children, Gerald must dodge his enemies while keeping his family safe.

The author created an intense, fast-paced novel. I was so into the story that I read it in a few days. The characters are interesting and unique. Gerald's family has such special abilities that I can't wait to find out how they originated. A couple of the characters are discussed in such detail that I feel like I know them a little more intimately than the others. I was drawn into his son Will's life and his daughter Jennifer's turmoil.

Mr. Price uses great detail when describing settings and action. I felt as if I was in the middle of the action. However, at one point in the story, I could have done without some of the details. One of the torture scenes was too graphic and a little sickening to me. I felt a little less description of this event wouldn't have hurt the storyline at all. That is just my personal opinion.

The book would benefit from another editing. I found several grammatical mistakes, such as using "past" instead of "passed" and "form" instead of "from". Although the errors didn't distract from the storytelling, I feel it should be addressed.

Based on the above, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This one is definitely for mature readers only. There are curse words, graphic violence and sexual references. Fans of action and adventure novels should really enjoy this story. It left me with questions at the end, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

Anger to Rage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
fboudguiga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fboudguiga »

Its really a wonderfull book .. I advice you guys too read it , hope you ll like it too
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This does sound like one that would be quite intense; once you pick it up, you wouldn't want to put it down. I'm not sure if it's for me, but thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

I am intrigued to know what special abilities his children have and how they use them to deal with their enemies. Perhaps, a little description of their abilities might be useful.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

I'm also interested in his children and learning more about their abilities. Just from that small description of the book I can see how it could easily play out as a series. I'll have to check this one out, thanks for the great review!
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

This one sounds like a good story. I love the adult content. Thanks for the Excellent review. This is a must read. I give it 4 out of 4.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review! Sounds like a great read. Technology and religion together make a very interesting reading.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Waynefhubbard62
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Waynefhubbard62 »

The new upload has over 500 corrections in it that where not there in the first on that was posted. It is very well put together and look forward to many more.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

This looks like a highly wanted man. I like action so I might check it out. Thanks, I enjoyed your review.
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

There is nothing that cause disaffection than reading an enjoyable book with a dire need for editing. Thanks for the review.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

A book full of characters with wonderful abilities. Can't wait to start reading this one.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

You mention that you could have done "without some of the details" in this book. I actually feel the opposite in regards to your review. The book sounds interesting, if perhaps a little too busy (I mean, how many people really need to go after Gerald for us to understand he is a persecuted individual). However, your review didn't seem to give any examples of its claims. What are these gifts? What is this secret technology? What is the opening action? What and why are these groups pursuing him? What makes the characters "interesting and unique"? I realize you don't want to spoil, but I would need at least some of these questions addressed before I considered checking out this book.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

An action story where the characters have special powers reminds me of Marvel comics. It does sound interesting. However, the graphic violence turns me off. Thanks for the review!
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I don't think that I will enjoy reading acts of violence and therefore I will skip it. Thanks for your review.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”